The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release 'Star Wars: EP 7'

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #158366  by Flip
 Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:46 pm
Considering there have been all sorts of cartoon Star Wars and stuff lately, it wouldnt surprise me if Disney takes a kids sort of turn with the franchise. They still love this shit.
 #158368  by Zeus
 Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:14 pm
You guys honestly believe Disney is gonna destroy LucasFilms? Based on what, their past history with acquisitions?

EDIT: Lucas explains his reasoning for the sale in a video

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/ ... -deal.html
 #158370  by Don
 Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:21 pm
I always thought Kingdom Hearts was because they couldn't get Mickey with lightsabers so instead they had to find a way to get him to use a sword-like object while having something that remotely makes sense.
 #158371  by Lox
 Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:52 pm
Getting Lucas out of the picture is the only thing that gives new movies a chance of being good. To make 7, 8, and 9 worse than the prequels will require someone actively trying to make them terrible!
 #158372  by Shrinweck
 Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:47 pm
Lox wrote:Getting Lucas out of the picture is the only thing that gives new movies a chance of being good. To make 7, 8, and 9 worse than the prequels will require someone actively trying to make them terrible!
Agreed and with someone like Disney at the helm we may get to see versions of the original trilogy that haven't been fucked with in any way but quality of the picture.
 #158376  by Lox
 Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:38 am
Shrinweck wrote:
Lox wrote:Getting Lucas out of the picture is the only thing that gives new movies a chance of being good. To make 7, 8, and 9 worse than the prequels will require someone actively trying to make them terrible!
Agreed and with someone like Disney at the helm we may get to see versions of the original trilogy that haven't been fucked with in any way but quality of the picture.
Honestly, that's the thing I want from this the most.