The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• The Walking Dead

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #158512  by kali o.
 Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 am
Mmmm....
Spoiler: show
Good. Screw Laurie, she was terrible. Too bad T-dog had to go though...he never really got much in the way of storylines.
Anyway, since I don't know the comics I can only guess, but it seems as if they are powering through stuff relatively quickly. Pacing seems a lot better and there is less "filler".
 #158513  by Shrinweck
 Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:40 am
The pace is satisfactory. It's definitely an improvement on Daryl falling off a ledge and climbing out for fifteen minutes. I still wish this segment of the story moved a lot faster. Hopefully they'll maintain their direction with fucking with the comic story in (mostly) good ways.
 #158515  by SineSwiper
 Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:40 pm
Flip wrote:Fireworks this week!

Super spoilers
I'm not sure how i feel about the Laurie death. She was annoying, yeah, but since she had been around since the beginning... this one is a surprise. I guess her and Shane can now live together in dirty sex peace. :P I really did think that her and Rick would work it out in the end, though. Now the group has a one legged old man and a baby, wtf.

At least the exchanged a big black guy for a big black guy.
Yeah, it did seem that they could only have one "token black guy". And yeah, I was surprised that they ended up killing off Laurie, but I guess they can't have any lights at the end of the tunnel or peaceful scenes of Mom and Baby. Sometimes I think they try to be as morbid as possible for shock value.
 #158517  by Shrinweck
 Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:09 pm
Okay everyone's doing it at this point so I just want to point out it's spelled Lori.
T-Dog always seemed like a meaningless character to me and he never did much of anything that was interesting. The new guy already has a more developed personality than T-Dog ever had.
 #158520  by kali o.
 Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:51 am
Shrinweck wrote:Okay everyone's doing it at this point so I just want to point out it's spelled Lori.
From this point forward, I am using: T-Dogg, Maggy, Hershal, Glen, Karl, Darryll, Carroll, Andria and errr...Krick (k is silent). I hope your nitpicker brains suffers an aneurysm each time I do so. :P
 #158521  by Shrinweck
 Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:05 am
How many names did you look up just to make sure you were spelling them wrong?

I win this round. :D
 #158522  by Flip
 Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:15 am
kali o. wrote:
Shrinweck wrote:Okay everyone's doing it at this point so I just want to point out it's spelled Lori.
From this point forward, I am using: T-Dogg, Maggy, Hershal, Glen, Karl, Darryll, Carroll, Andria and errr...Krick (k is silent). I hope your nitpicker brains suffers an aneurysm each time I do so. :P
No kidding, its not like the show spells them out anywhere ever. Most of us have not read the comic, obviously, since we are even talking about Lori in a surprised manner, so cut us some slack!
 #158523  by Eric
 Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:38 pm
rofl, reminds me of when I played WoW and the raid boss would be female but my raid leader would still call it him, so I'd point out it's a female. :p
 #158526  by Shrinweck
 Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:00 pm
I wasn't trying to be a dick about it - a few people did it in a row and I figured it was the thing to do. It was like in my English class in high school when everyone was pronouncing Meursault's name from The Stranger as MUR-SALT and I gave them the correct pronunciation. 80% of the class looked at me like I was an asshole. Look, if I was spelling something wrong I'd want to be corrected :P

If one person does it and doesn't get corrected then other people start doing it and at that point yes I do feel particularly nitpicky :P

If you want to feel better I'm pretty sure I've been spelling T-Dog as T-Dawg in this thread until I looked it up a week or two ago simply because that's how I saw it spelled repeatedly in another thread.
 #158928  by kali o.
 Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:18 pm
I have no idea how long the prison arc goes on in the comics but...
Assuming it resolves itself with the eventual confrontation between Krick's group and the Governator, then the story definitely seems to be speeding along. The part with Maggy & Glen was pretty fucked up, and I have a sneaking suspicion they will kill off Maggy (but again, no idea since I haven't read the comics). Not totally sure I understand why Mishawn is the target of the other group...I have no idea what they gain in killing her. But maybe I missed it...or they will explain it more later.

PS - Hiya Shrin :)
 #158929  by Flip
 Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 pm
I agree about Mishawn. When this episode opened with Gov group trying to track her and kill her, i thought maybe i had accidentally missed a week somehow. I knew they let her go her own way at the end of the previous episode, so then why not just let her go then? She obviously had no intention of coming back... the only thing i can think of is that since she knew the Gov was a killer (by figuring out the bullet holes in the army truck and stuff) that she knew too much. But regardless, who would she tell in a government and lawless society?

I'm glad the blond girl f'ed the Gov, i have the least amount of care with where her character develops. It doesnt bother me that she will get oh so heartbroken. Or rather, maybe she will become some evil queen since she secretly likes the fight pit and had a thing for another psycho, Shane.
 #158932  by Shrinweck
 Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 pm
I think it's just a power thing - she embarrassed him and now he wants to kill Michonne. He wanted the head to put in his trophy aquariums and he wanted the sword to put on display, maybe show to Andrea if she ever got mouthy. It's hard to say what will happen to Maggie since in the comic during this arc she is just some woman Glenn bangs and ties him to the group. She's a very minor character, so we're in the dark with you guys. Same with Andrea since as far as I remember she never met the governor and she's MUCH different in the comics. The only surviving characters that are a lot like the way they are in the comic are Glenn, Rick, Michonne, and Carl. Everyone else is completely changed or weren't in the comic at all (Daryl and Merle aren't in the comic at all). This is the for best. The comic really is pretty mediocre most of the time at this point and lot of the ways into the future.
 #158935  by Eric
 Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:27 pm
Merle & Daryl weren't in the comic at all, it makes me wonder if those 2 characters are immune to being killed off because they're just so darn fun.
 #158936  by Shrinweck
 Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:50 pm
I love to hate the actor who plays Merle in just about everything I've ever seen him in.