The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Holy fuck Godzilla was awful.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #163436  by Eric
 Tue May 20, 2014 11:13 pm
This was the most boring movie. Except for one character that was semi interesting(and spoiler
Spoiler: show
isn't around that much
) the entire cast is boring as fuck. This means you have to rely on the monsters for entertainment, and even that is slow and boring until the last 20 is minutes of the film, when they get to let loose, and by let loose I mean attack each other....really...really slowly.
 #163439  by Julius Seeker
 Wed May 21, 2014 5:57 am
I assumed it would be, so I skipped it. I heard a very large portion of it was focused on people nobody cared about. Reminds me of transformers and how the main story wasn't about the transformers, but rather about some wiener trying to nail a hot bimbo.
 #163447  by Zeus
 Wed May 21, 2014 4:16 pm
Just stick to the better action movies out there, like Amazing Spiderman 2. No need to waste your time with tripe like Godzilla
 #163448  by Eric
 Wed May 21, 2014 4:22 pm
Julius Seeker wrote:I assumed it would be, so I skipped it. I heard a very large portion of it was focused on people nobody cared about. Reminds me of transformers and how the main story wasn't about the transformers, but rather about some wiener trying to nail a hot bimbo.
Here's the thing about that which drives me nuts, as awful as every character was in Transformers, and as one-dimensional as they all were, I still remember all of them far more then I remember any single character from Godzilla outside of that 1 character who shall remain nameless.
 #164072  by kali o.
 Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:30 pm
Zeus wrote:Just stick to the better action movies out there, like Amazing Spiderman 2. No need to waste your time with tripe like Godzilla
I was with you until you praised AS2...

Godzilla was pretty fucking awful. I get using monsters as background...no complaint there, but when the rest of the movie is terribly boring, what's left?

(yes, I am late to the party...catching up on flicks).
 #164075  by Shrinweck
 Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:21 am
I haven't seen Godzilla but AS2 certainly was a steaming pile. Seemed like a decent flick for those with kids though. I sincerely don't think that movie was made for people who actually enjoy Spider-man and childless adults.
 #164081  by Zeus
 Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:26 am
kali o. wrote:
Zeus wrote:Just stick to the better action movies out there, like Amazing Spiderman 2. No need to waste your time with tripe like Godzilla
I was with you until you praised AS2...

Godzilla was pretty fucking awful. I get using monsters as background...no complaint there, but when the rest of the movie is terribly boring, what's left?

(yes, I am late to the party...catching up on flicks).
You should also watch the best of the Marvel films, Iron Man 3. Your life won't be complete without watching that movie at least half a dozen times
 #164083  by Eric
 Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:49 am
Zeus wrote: You should also watch the best of the Marvel films, Iron Man 3. Your life won't be complete without watching that movie at least half a dozen times
The troll is strong in this one. :p
 #164085  by kali o.
 Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:30 pm
Eric wrote:
Zeus wrote: You should also watch the best of the Marvel films, Iron Man 3. Your life won't be complete without watching that movie at least half a dozen times
It's zeus...the line between bad taste and sarcasm isn't just fine, it's practically invisible ;)
 #164121  by Zeus
 Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:53 pm
kali o. wrote:
Eric wrote:
It's zeus...the line between bad taste and sarcasm isn't just fine, it's practically invisible ;)
Why do you think I have so much fun with it :-)