The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• SNL 40 Year show thing

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #164920  by Flip
 Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:56 pm
I caught the last hour and a half of this 3.5 hour special and it was nice to see all the montages of the skits/moments/characters i liked over the years. However, all the clips were super fast and so the popular joke was just lost because there wasnt any context, i thought.

I also thought it was weird they did a 40 year, when the big one, is only 10 years away. Maybe they thought a lot more old cast members would be dead in the next 10 years?

Lastly, i think the whole theme of the show was one huge Lorne Michael dick sucking fest. I cant even count the amount of of times they brought his name up. Sure, i guess he is the creator of it all, but we need to remember we are talking about a show that has little relevance anymore and didnt change with the times. Way to go, Lorne, you just ran your flagship into the ground, lets celebrate how awesome you are...
 #164927  by Anarky
 Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:46 pm
Flip wrote:
I also thought it was weird they did a 40 year, when the big one, is only 10 years away. Maybe they thought a lot more old cast members would be dead in the next 10 years?
Ratings are way down, may not make it to 50 years.