The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Arrested Development Season 5 coming to Netflix

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #166128  by ManaMan
 Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:18 am
From Vulture.com
Two months after Brian Grazer told "The B.S. Report" that Netflix had promised Arrested Development a fifth season, the veteran producer continued his odd promo strategy by going on another podcast to drop news about the return of the Bluths. "Netflix is determined to do more episodes, so we're going to do more episodes," Grazer told "The Adam Carolla Show" on Tuesday. The new season will reportedly start filming in January 2016 and premiere on Netflix sometime in early summer. Glazer hinted that some kind of crazy scheduling was needed to get everyone involved, but that's basically Netflix's M.O. at this point. Hopefully, between now and January, a one-armed man will show up to teach Grazer a lesson about green screens.
 #166132  by Shrinweck
 Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:38 pm
I liked the last season. You really can't deny the writing and comedic chemistry of the performers, even if it kinda lacked the magic in seasons one through three. Because the network wasn't messing with them every inch of the way, season four was able to fit together in a very interesting, yet ultimately pretty slow way - I can only guess that this is the kind of thing that'll improve in a second attempt.
 #166133  by ManaMan
 Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:38 pm
I didn't like the first few episodes of season 4 at all. It was just kind of bizarre. Sort of like Arrested Development on acid, or having a dream involving the characters of the show after eating a bad burrito. Toward the end of the season I got into it. Brian Grazer was able to somehow pull all of the separate strands together into a coherent & enjoyable show. Lots of editing magic.

Anyway, hopefully they'll be able to get the whole cast together at the same time for season 5. The dynamics of the large group was what made the show so funny. You had this quick, witty banter between several people at the same time.