The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• One Punch Man

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #167012  by Eric
 Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:43 am
Is my new favorite anime. I highly, highly recommend you guys checking this one out. It's freakin great. =D
 #167051  by Shrinweck
 Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:03 pm
I read a synopsis for the manga a while back and it didn't really interest me but the anime is getting good lip service, too, and the comparisons appeal to me.

I'll check it out some time soon.
 #167053  by Don
 Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:50 am
I saw some of the manga but it's like 1 or 2 pages per week or something?
 #167251  by Shrinweck
 Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:15 pm
Yeah okay this is really good. The action pulls in that particular crowd. The comedy is what attracted me to it. But what I think makes this series special is Saitama. It does a really amazing job of blending the action, comedy, and even slice of life genres.
 #167401  by Shrinweck
 Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:24 pm
Don wrote:I saw some of the manga but it's like 1 or 2 pages per week or something?
Apparently it's a manga, an anime, and also a web comic - so I imagine you saw the web comic. (edit: The manga is apparently just a more detailed version of the webcomic with an extra chapter thrown in sometimes, so it kind of just sounds like the guy releases content quickly as a webcomic and then compiles it into a manga form in order to sell it. Kind of a great way to monetize your work as a webcomic artist.)

The 'last' episode was amazing.. I assume there'll be more some day. I'm definitely going to have to check out the manga and web comic.

This may be the best overall anime since Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.