The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Two new albums: Garbage and Jamiroquai

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #47227  by Lee
 Tue Oct 02, 2001 11:13 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Garbage has a new album for those interested, entitled "beautifulgarbage" and Jamiroquai is setting down some master disco-esque beats with their new "Funk Odyssey."

When I first listened to the new Garbage album I really didn't like it too much. I felt like it lacked something their older stuff had, but after a few more listens, I think I'm beginning to enjoy it somewhat. For those of you that dislike messing with buying albums, here's a few you can search for on Morpheus:

<i>Beautiful, Cup of Coffee, Nobody Loves You, Parade, So Like A Rose, Untouchable</i>

I realize that <i>Androgyny</i> has been the track getting the most publicity on that album (mostly because of its pre-release, meaning it was probably all anyone had heard), but I personally hate the damn thing. It has this real pop quality that I can't stand.

This is hardly Garbage's best work (although <i>Untouchable</i> and <i>Beautiful</i> can possibly rank), but seeing as how I've been kind of aching for a new fix of their music, I'm willing to take it and listen to it until my ears bleed.

Jamiroquai was never really a group I listened to much before. <i>Virtual Insanity</i> and <i>Cosmic Girl</i> grabbed my attention due to funky beats, but I was too afraid of the gay sound to warrant really checking them out. After "A Funk Odyssey" I can safely say that this music still holds highest appeal for girls, but fuck it, I'll put some headphones on and maybe no one will notice me doing my little techno dance in my desk chair, here. Songs to check out:

<i>Little L, Main Vein, You Give Me Something</i>

If nothing else you can download it and laugh at the disco sounds.

--Lee S.</div>
 #47231  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:47 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>...along with Bjork's new album and the new System of A Down and Linkin Park (I know, I still haven't bought it yet, I'm such a bitch.). Such good music, so little money...damn!</div>

#47233  by Lee
 Wed Oct 03, 2001 10:31 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I just came across Linkin Park's "In the End" last night, and I'm thinking I need to check them out further, too.</div>

#47234  by Slappy White
 Wed Oct 03, 2001 11:02 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Parade is a fucking great song. BTW there is no 'bad' Garbage song in existence, they are the rulingestest! I also bought Tenacious D's new album. They are great musicians with a humorous twist.</div>

#47235  by Slappy White
 Wed Oct 03, 2001 11:06 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>You want a good, no, GREAT metal album? No One is awesome. I'm a Bjork fan but her stuff is give and take for me. Some great, some crap. Linkin Park rules. I've bought 15 CD's in the past few weeks. Mostly metal so I don't mention them much.</div>

#47236  by Slappy White
 Wed Oct 03, 2001 11:09 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>"A Place for My Head" is my fave Linkin tune.</div>

#47240  by Slappy White
 Wed Oct 03, 2001 11:27 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>BTW, what song is "Beautiful"? I don't have it on my disk...</div>

#47242  by Lee
 Wed Oct 03, 2001 12:25 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>You know what? Not on mine either. Shit, I even mentioned that twice. I meant "Parade" the second time. The first time I guess I just pulled something out of my ass.</div>

#47244  by Gentz
 Wed Oct 03, 2001 3:16 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>popcore. blah</div>

#47245  by SineSwiper
 Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:24 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Whaaat?! Garbage has a new album?! Oh, fuck...I really need to get some extra money. I miss my 5 CD/wk habit.</div>

#47250  by Kupek
 Thu Oct 04, 2001 12:17 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana, tahoma; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.victoryrecords.com/sounds/an ... aph.mp3</a>

If you like metal, check out this song by Darkest Hour. I don't like that their singer doesn't really sing, but they do really cool guitar and drum work.</div>
 #47282  by Slappy White
 Fri Oct 05, 2001 8:54 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Well if you like that type of music I'll add you to my CD list if you want. I make CD's for my friends out of my collection. Wolf and El Kabong can attest to there quality. "Wonderland" is a fav of both Wolf and El Kabong and myself for that matter. Just give me your address and start checking your mail...</div>
 #47283  by Slappy White
 Fri Oct 05, 2001 8:59 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I've actually been making music compilations for 12 or so years. El Kabong was my first and only "customer" and I started with tapes obviosly. I've made him so many compilations and can't even remember them all. Then once I got on the internet and found other people with similar interests I started making the mixes for them too, ie Wolf.</div>
 #47285  by WolfSamurai
 Fri Oct 05, 2001 9:56 pm
<div style='font: 14pt Agatha; text-align: left; '>Slappy some some just wicked mixes. If you're interested I've ripped all of Wonderland as mp3s and could probably get them to you to listen to if you're wanting to sample.</div>

#47294  by Kupek
 Sat Oct 06, 2001 12:57 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana, tahoma; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Actually, yeah, I would be curious. IM okay? (Scott Schneidy)</div>