The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• EOnline is reporting that the RIAA is being subpoenaed by the Justice Department for being a possible monopoly. Payback's a bitch, ain't it?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #47472  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:40 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>...bastard Justice Dept. made my stock fall for 6 straight months. Then the RIAA has to go and take away a good source of music for millions of people. I hope they get bent over like a $10 hooker and fucked straight in the ass.</div>

#47473  by Tessian
 Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:29 am
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I second that :P Irony... ahhh.. makes life worth it</div>

#47474  by Manshoon
 Wed Oct 17, 2001 12:41 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/2001101 ... ml">Taking off the kid gloves</a>

After hearing about this, I'd say it couldn't have happened any sooner.</div>

#47475  by Gentz
 Wed Oct 17, 2001 12:56 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>That makes me absolutely sick. They have no right whatsoever to do that.</div>

#47476  by SineSwiper
 Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:20 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Ummm...what about the MPAA?</div>
 #47477  by SineSwiper
 Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:25 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>"Record labels hope to make the point that subscription services such as MusicNet or Pressplay, which will launch on Yahoo, America Online, MSN and RealNetworks by year's end, will not be subject to the same doubtful quality of service."

I'm sure they'll love to see those same people attacking their networks with denial-of-service attacks. Payback's a bitch.</div>
 #47479  by Tessian
 Wed Oct 17, 2001 4:23 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>Only way I can think of would have been for the RIAA and such to embrace mp3's when they started instead of shunning them and fighting. They coulda made money right off the bat by selling the mp3 version of songs for like $1 each online. Or even stream it to them for free so they can listen to it.

But.. too late now</div>

#47483  by Gone to Shakers
 Wed Oct 17, 2001 6:38 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I doubt the Public representatives (The Government) would allow them the license to purposely alter or possibly harm private property without our permission. They'd find themselves with billions of dollars worth in lawsuits by foreigners even if some Countries do accept that policy</div>

#47484  by SineSwiper
 Wed Oct 17, 2001 6:46 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Do you think the govt gives a flying fuck about "the public"? They were the assholes that passed the DMCA in the first fucking place!</div>