The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Saw Ani Difranco in concert Saturday, wow...she's awesome, and she did a great poem about 9-11..I wish I could post a copy of it, but its still in progress probably not on the net

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #47520  by Shellie
 Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:18 pm
<div style='font: bold 10pt arial; text-align: left; '>The opening act were these 2 raging lesbians, "Bitch and Animal" though I thought their lil songs were funny(Sparkling Areola and Eternally Hard being 2 examples of songs), I wouldnt be able to stand hearing them more than once. Sine just sat there with his arms crossed shaking his head....funny I thought he would enjoy lesbians singing about dildos.

Ani came on and the crowd stood up screaming(like 75% of her audience is bi or gay) She played a lot of my favorite older songs which I was worried about, as her new cd isnt that great. She had 2 guys on horns, which I havent heard from her before, it was interesting. She then did her poem about the attack..I figured, her being very political, she would say something about it..and she took the side that I thought she would..she didnt say we deserved it, but we had it coming. I really wish I could get a copy of it.

Overall it was a great concert, it was actually my first concert..sad, Im almost 24 and I just went to my first concert heh.</div>

#47535  by Gone to Shakers
 Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:06 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Jesus! Sine gets my respect for having balls enough to go to an Ani Difranco concert, he was probably the only strait guy there!</div>
 #47536  by Shellie
 Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:18 pm
<div style='font: bold 10pt arial; text-align: left; '>he kept hugging, kissing and talking to the lesbians sitting next to him "Oh youre so cool, I wish I could be like you and be even closer to Ani being a lesbian..but Im a guy, damn you God!" When Ani was playing, he kept getting up and dancing like he was definately on something, you could tell the chick he was with was very annoyed and pissed off....it was quite funny. Ani being a very "alternative" type of person, she draws a very interesting crowd..I got a lot of hairstyle ideas that night lol</div>
 #47543  by SineSwiper
 Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:52 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>It's was just the fact that Ani (or whoever hired the group to front for the concert) was basically saying "Let's alienate our already low non-lesbian audience by having some overly-horny lesbian group play for us". It was like having a bunch of big titty models all over E3, just to turn off the already low population of women who play video games.

Also, when it comes down to it, it was just some gimmick to make a buck. I don't like groups about flaming heterosexuals talking nothing but "I was banging this chick and I fucked her in the ass, then I titty-fucked her 40D cups 'til I sprayed my load on her face", and I don't like flaming lesbians/gays doing the same thing. ("The Village People" anyone? Was that all they fucking talked about?) Sure, even women have a couple songs like that sometimes, but it's not a regular thing.</div>

#47544  by SineSwiper
 Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:54 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Come to think of it, I think he was on E. E (in lower doses than we've been exposed to lately) opens you up and makes you want to talk to people. Also, it's a high-energy drug.</div>