The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Knockin' on Heavens Door Soundtrack...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #47732  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Nov 11, 2001 6:59 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Yoko Kanno does an absolutely dazzeling job with the CB Movie OST. The first track is a comedy track that is kinda sick called 24hours Open. The second track "Pushing the Sky" starts off with a great line "Don't wanna be the one to pop your cherry girl." It's a really fast paced song, I playing the Need For Speed High Stakes Demo to it. The third track is called "Time to know - be waltz", great jazzy song. "Clutch" is another fast paced brassy chase song. "Musawe" is a chant song, pretty good sax with a guitar. "Yo yo Pumpkin head" is a party song, like music played at a big parade or a college football half-time show. The next is a country song called "diggin" bout digging gates. Ed sings "3.14" about a grape and an olive I think. "What Planet is this!" I don't think was in movie, but it's another fast song like "Clutch". "7 minutes" is the action techno song, good to drive fast too. "Fingers" is a slow bell song with a drum beat with some piano, sounds really good. "Powder" is the chorus song like the song that was sung in "Ballad of the Fallen Angels". I want to say "butterfly" is the love song on the album but it just doesn't make much sense, like "The Singing Sea". "No Reply" starts off with this big classical score and then it becomes a rock and roll love song, think Train. "Dijurido" is another slow classical piano song with female vocals. "Gotta Knock A little Harder" is the end theme to the movie. "No money" is a vocal song about having nothing. Then there is the "Rain" single with the female vocals instead of the the male vocals.

The second disc starts off with "Goodnight Julia" which is the beginning to "Space Lion" only with a piano added. "Papa Plastic" is a rock song with female vocals. "Telephone Shopping" is like a sound test track, it was a commercial song in the movie. "kabutogani kodai no sakana" is a middle eastern sounding tune, pretty good. "Slipper Sleaze" sounds like a track from the Gunsmith Cats soundtrack. "23 Hanashi" was not in the movie but was in the series.

The Single 'Ask DNA' had, "What Planet Is This" followed by the intro song "Ask DNA". "Cosmic Dare (Pretty With a Pistol" is the wierd little love song done like a rock song. "Hamaduche" is another slow song, Morrocan sounding. "Is it real" is a slow piano tune with male vocals.

Anyway, if you can get your hands on any of these you won't be disappointed.</div>