The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I'm thinking of sinking some money into one of those new-fangled mp3/CD players. Anybody have any recomendations?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#47768  by Judgment 1999
 Sat Nov 17, 2001 8:29 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I'd like to get one of those too. Haven't really seen much on them though.</div>

#47769  by Judgment 1999
 Sat Nov 17, 2001 8:38 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Scratch that, did a search, they're fairly commonplace now. You can get one for your car, which I think I'll wind up doing.</div>

#47771  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 17, 2001 11:25 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>There's actually MP3/DVD players out there. I guess you could put a CD in the drive and play songs from that, or *grin* burned DVDs with...ummm...almost 10 -DAYS- worth of music (as opposed to 10 hours with a CD).</div>
 #47774  by Tessian
 Sun Nov 18, 2001 1:53 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product.as ... =true">RIO VOLT SP90 PORTABLE DIGITAL AUDIO CD PLAYER EA</a>

Burn MP3's as data on a CD-R. Friend of mine got the cheapest model ($84) and loves it.. feels a little plastic-y though.. but that may just be cause it's the cheapest of the line. If I had $84 bucks to burn, or that many MP3's to listen to, I'd get it too.</div>

#47777  by New and Improved Zeus
 Sun Nov 18, 2001 11:59 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Spend about $120 US and get one that plays DVDs and CD-RWs as well</div>

#47779  by Torgo
 Mon Nov 19, 2001 2:40 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Bought one of the first generation ones last year , only to sell it 2 weeks later. Not my kind of thing...</div>