The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Weezer, Tenacious D, and Jimmy Eat World in Cleveland

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #47881  by Gentz
 Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:25 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Went to see Weezer in Cleveland on Saturday. It was a great show...the sad thing is that Weezer weren't the ones that made it great. They should have never chosen a band like Tenacious D to open for them. That's a huge mistake. Jack Black's probably the most hilarious motherfucker in the entire world. Their songs don't even do justice to his hilarity. You have to see this guy in person going absolutely fucking nuts on stage. I swear, they were on for an hour and didn't play more than 5 songs. The rest of the time was taken up by ridiculous antics and rants.

Weezer didn't really even play all that well either, sadly. And I don't really like their new stuff at all to begin with. Mainly I went because they're Weezer and they're one of my favorite bands of all time. They at least played a good bit of their stuff from the Blue album and played it pretty damn well. The Green album and the new songs just don't have the heart that the old ones do. At least Rivers beefed up the solos from the Green album songs a bit. I hate how they all go along with the vocals of the verses on the CD.</div>

#47882  by Derithian
 Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:48 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>When I went to it and portland and the Tenacious D in eugene the day after.......TD 2 days in a row baby yeah......Weexer was fucking awesome there. But still tenaciouse D rocks their socks off</div>

#47888  by Mr.Person
 Tue Dec 11, 2001 2:44 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Hmm......, how was Jimmy Eat World? :)</div>

#47889  by Gentz
 Tue Dec 11, 2001 5:08 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>I'm not a big fan of theirs...but they played pretty well at least</div>

#47890  by Mr.Person
 Tue Dec 11, 2001 6:06 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Cool-->has some affinity for Jimmy Eat World.</div>