The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Finally saw LotR.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #48064  by WolfSamurai
 Sat Dec 29, 2001 9:37 pm
<div style='font: 14pt Agatha; text-align: left; '>Easily one of the better book adaptations I've ever seen. I did have some problems with it like how Arwen got a much larger part than was necessary, the repeated and unnecessary close ups of the One Ring (c'mon, do we need 10 different close ups of a simple gold ring in someones hand?), the lack of any mention of the reforging of Narsil (at least I think that's the name of Aragorn's sword), and the again unnecessary time spent on the gathering of the orc armies by Saruman. But all these complaints are relatively minor. I thought that it was about as well done as it could have been all things considered. The battle scenes, as everybody has mentioned, were really cool. I have to say that the scenery and locations were excellently done/chosen as well. Moria wasn't done as well as it could have been, though (it was ~far~ too bright and sunlit). The cast was pretty good, though they all had the strangest accents it seemed. Half the time I couldn't understand what they were saying even when I knew what they were supposed to be saying.</div>

#48065  by Blotus
 Sat Dec 29, 2001 9:48 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>I don't know why people have been flipping out over Arwen's role in the movie... she's in there for like 10 minutes.</div>

#48089  by Ishamael
 Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:18 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>My only problem was with Elrond (the guy who played the Matrix Sentinal). He cheesed it up in the Matrix and he cheesed it up here. I guess I just don't like that actor. Other than him, the movie ruled...:)</div>