The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Star Wars Episode 1 DVD....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #48067  by EsquE
 Sun Dec 30, 2001 8:55 am
<div style='font: 12pt Baskerville; text-align: left; '>...<i>got this one for Christmas and highly recommend it to anyone. Not for the extras, not for the DVD quality picture & sound, but simply for the full length audio commentary by Lucas and other members of the production staff...the hour long making-of documentary is cool too..the commentary is excellent and explains a lot of things that I found confusing or pointless...like why the seemingly unstoppable army of droids was replaced by clones and then by the amazingly low tech stormtroopers. It's very cool, especially when Lucas describes everyone's reaction on the set when they first filmed the scene where Darth Maul makes his first full appearance behind the doors at the end of the film. Seems it was the first time anyone had seen the makeup and Natalie Portman just about pissed herself. Anyway, it's always interesting hearing a director talk about his work.</i></div>

#48071  by New and Improved Zeus
 Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:22 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>The commentary is great, but the rest of the DVD makes it one of the best available on the market. The whole collection of extras rules</div>

#48073  by Kupek
 Sun Dec 30, 2001 12:52 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>A friend of mine has a huge, 60-fucking-inch tv at his house, with teeth-rattling surround sound. We put in the Episode I DVD, and watched all the lightsaber battles. It's the only time in viewing that movie that I wasn't dissapointed.</div>