The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I watched Jeepers Creepers with my roommates on Saturday night. I was actually impressed, it was a bit different than the normal horror-slasher flick.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #48562  by Kupek
 Mon Feb 18, 2002 10:23 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>I watched Jeepers Creepers with my roommates on Saturday night. I was actually impressed, it was a bit different than the normal horror-slasher flick.</div>
 #48565  by Gentz
 Tue Feb 19, 2002 2:34 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>The first part had the three great horror elements: isolation, vulnerability, and the aspect of the unknown. The end just became a slasher monsterfest. There's a difference between "scaring people" and "grossing people out," but horror writers don't seem to pick up on this.</div>

#48567  by Zeus
 Tue Feb 19, 2002 3:06 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Not to mention it just fell flat on its face in terms of any storyline or suspense of any sort, which is crucial to horror flicks (the suspense part). It did have a great ending, though</div>

#48569  by Kupek
 Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:45 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>The movie wasn't gross - it was creepy.</div>
 #48570  by Blotus
 Tue Feb 19, 2002 1:34 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Me and the blokes saw it in theatres. From about the first 30 minutes, I thought it would be one of the best horror movies I'd ever seen... until the killer grew wings, and the kids kept driving over him. It was hard not to burst into laughter at that point, and for the rest of the movie, we were in stitches over the absurdity of it all. It became an old-school Hollywood monster movie (which, after seeing the DVD extras, I learned was the director's exact intent). I don't think I ever laughed so hard... probably didn't help that we were all pretty wasted.</div>
 #48576  by Tessian
 Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:25 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>Comeon now.. he was immortal, invulnerable, could fly, and his weapon of choice was a BATTLE AXE! Not to mention he looked fucking awesome; not to mention he had a sense of humour :)

The only drawback was his 24 days every 24 years thing.. ohh well</div>

#48578  by Zeus
 Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:43 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah, he was cool, the only good thing about the film. Too bad the movie around him sucked</div>

#48581  by Slappy White
 Thu Feb 21, 2002 12:34 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Yes, the ending was cool. But man the story was WEAK! And the acting... oh man...</div>

#48582  by Zeus
 Thu Feb 21, 2002 1:42 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Chick was hot, though. Made it a little easier to bear</div>