The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• First Attack of the Clones review up at Aint It Cool News.  It's based on a rough cut and has pretty minor spoilers (about as "important" as what you see in the trailors)....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #48823  by Ishamael
 Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:37 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=11796">AToC rough cut review...</a>

I tried to resist reading the reivew, but decided fuck it. The film will be good or crappy regardless of what I read, and it's not like any of the "spoilers" are earth shattering. Harry REALLY likes this film. REALLY REALLY likes it. Says it explains a lot of things from TPM, as well as a lot of stuff in Star Wars Lore (why Yoda doesn't free a "disturbance" around Palpatine, etc). I CAN'T WAIT to see this film. I'm still prepared to be disappointed though. The cynic in me won't be killed with one spooge filled review.</div>
 #48825  by WolfSamurai
 Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:15 am
<div style='font: 14pt Agatha; text-align: left; '>I have to admit, based on the traliers that I'd seen so far (which doesn't include the one they just released), that I was supremely unimpressed with the way Episode II was starting to look. I saw the Episode I traliers and got excited, I saw these and went "Okay, whatever". But the review hints that there may yet be hope and I shouldn't give up on it yet.</div>

#48832  by Zeus
 Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:43 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>The trailers before the new one that aired last week weren't very good. But that new one really hints at what this guy was talking about, the sheer epicness of the battles that simply dwarfs the previous films as well as all that's going on in the Republic</div>

#48848  by Ishamael
 Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:55 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>You STILL haven't seen the newest trailer? Get on it, man. Lucas was definitely holding back on the visuals in the first two. I'm not worried how it'll look. I know it'll LOOK great. I just hope he brings a tighter storyline this time (though I didn't hate TPM like many)....</div>
 #48850  by WolfSamurai
 Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:21 am
<div style='font: 14pt Agatha; text-align: left; '>...and I was never concerned about the visuals. Even the other two trailers seemed to indicate that the special effects would rock. But the other trailers seemed to indicate that the story wasn't going to be all that great. Hard to gleam from a minute long collection of clips, I admit, but they didn't inspire confidence.</div>

#48854  by Kupek
 Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:17 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>No way, no how. Pretty much the only chance I have of liking this movie is knowing as little as possible about it. This, I've discovered, is generally true: if I have few expectations (not just for the quality, but what it's going to be about), I'm more apt to liking it.</div>