The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• This is the stupidest review for LotR I've ever read! It's absolutely ridiculous.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #49014  by S.Cody2
 Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:01 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.somethingawful.com/truthmedi ... dex.htm">I think someone will be getting a lot of hate mail for this...</a>

This is the stupidest review for LotR I've ever read! It's absolutely ridiculous.</div>
 #49015  by Gentz
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:01 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Does SomethingAwful hire these people to review movies or is it just anyone who wants to can submit a review? I sure hope it's the latter.

I mean, seriously. He sites these two points that he feels people would not understand had they not read the original LotR. They're not only so completely insignificant, but their omission lead to absolutely no confusion for me and I've never read so much as a page of a Tolkein book. They didn't explain exactly how the fires of Mordor will destroy the ring? So what? It's a magical fucking ring! It's not too much of a stretch to find out that a magical ring can only be destroyed by *gasp!* magical means! I'll admit that big moth or whatever did sorta come outta nowhere, but still...I mean, Gandalf is a fucking wizard, it didn't exactly blow my mind to see that the wizard had cast a spell.</div>

#49016  by G-man Joe
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:03 am
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS"; text-align: left; '>Heh! The reviewer didn't read the book. And why is he revealing so much spoilers? What a dork.</div>

#49017  by Kupek
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:44 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>"This is a good thing because each and every single 'TruthMedia' review in this section is complete and total bullshit created solely to generate flame mail from Internet citizens who, for some pathetic reason, have attached their egos to a movie, band, or game company."</div>

#49018  by Zeus
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:25 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Dear God, Bilbo's SON Frodo? Arwen fights them off with her sword? Don't explain how it destorys the ring? His "friends" the fellowship? Giant moth? Gandalf sacrificed himself? Saruman controlled the Balrog? The disappointing ending because it's not like the book? This guy is a fucking moron.</div>

#49019  by Kupek
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:43 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Yo, people. The post above this is from the front page of the TruthMedia section. It's WRITTEN TO PISS YOU OFF. Never, ever, under any circumstances, take anything on somethingawful.com seriously.</div>

#49020  by S.Cody2
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:30 am
<div style='font: 10pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>Dammit, Kupek. Not yet.</div>

#49021  by Torgo
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:13 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Did you think it wouldn't be obvious? I mean, it's SomethingAwful, only a Zeus, Gentz, or even a G-Man would take them serously.</div>

#49022  by Zeus
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:27 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>G-Man and I have an excuse: we're old and senile. Gentz, what's yours? :-)</div>

#49023  by Gentz
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:43 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>I was wondering about that actually, but I couldn't find anything at the site that talks about it, I didn't know my way around. Where does it say Kupek's quote?</div>

#49024  by Gentz
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:46 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Jesus, S.Cody, obviously this is total bullshit and not meant to be taken seriously. You dumb idiot</div>

#49025  by Gentz
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:48 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>If you'll read my post a bit CLOSER maybe you'll see that I never said any of this stuff you're talking about. Gman and Zeus are mongoloids, please don't lump me into a category with them : )</div>

#49026  by S.Cody2
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:45 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>Yes, I did think it would be obvious - that was the whole point. I'm surprised it got this much agitated response, too. If you actually read the Truthmedia homepage, Torgo, you'll get the message.</div>

#49027  by S.Cody2
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:46 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>I was surprised that you got sucked in, honestly. I also think it's cute that you deleted your original post professing a serious urge to kill the author, and replaced it with a hilariously nonchanlant shot at the puppetmaster instead. Aw!</div>

#49028  by S.Cody2
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:58 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>I was surprised that you got sucked in, honestly. I also think it's cute that you deleted your original post professing a serious urge to kill the author, and replaced it with a hilariously nonchanlant shot at me (THE GRAND MANIPULATOR) instead. Aw!</div>

#49029  by Torgo
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:50 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I did. I was just taking cheap shots at the guys who responded.</div>

#49030  by Gentz
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:26 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Well, I know that SomethingAwful is supposedly a quote-unquote "humor" site, but I don't ever actually go there. Having trouble deciding on a good title for yourself, btw?</div>

#49031  by Gentz
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:28 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Well, I know that SomethingAwful is supposedly a quote-unquote "humor" site, but I don't ever actually go there. Having trouble deciding on a good title for yourself, btw? : )</div>

#49032  by Torgo
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:45 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Bwahaha!</div>

#49033  by Kupek
 Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:31 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>It was too painful. I had to intervene.</div>

#49034  by S.Cody2
 Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:48 am
<div style='font: 10pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>Indeed!</div>

#49048  by G-man Joe
 Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:27 am
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS"; text-align: left; '>I just read the review and didn't bother reading the website title. An oversite....at least I didn't edit my reply like Gentz. =8^D</div>

#49050  by Zeus
 Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:43 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah, me too. Like I said, we're senile in our old age and can't keep up with all the tricks these yougin's pull</div>

#49051  by S.Cody2
 Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:17 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>It just comes with being a 'Yougin' master, I suppose.</div>