The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Not much of a surprise....Austin Powers 3 was a let down....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #50125  by kali o.
 Thu Jul 25, 2002 3:34 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Of course, everyone knew that there was going to be a whole bunch of 'recycled' jokes (space radar, money demand, shadow scene, etc)...but the fact that they were sooo "less funny" really made the movie tedious...

And is it just me or did this movie have an over-abundence of genital humour?

The only saving grace of this movie were a few choice scenes/character stories...Scott sub-story, Mini-me sub-story, subtitle scene, Fred Savage and a couple of others.

Decent movie...but definately not as good as #1 or #2...</div>

#50128  by Zeus
 Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:20 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>You download it already? If so, where is it? :-)</div>
 #50129  by kali o.
 Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:36 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>It has some sound issues (pops/cracks) on CD2 (TEG release). It's watchable, but I didn't feel the quality was good enough to share...

I will put it up tonight if you really want to get it though...

(fyi- Again, if you know irc/xdcc, you'll get better speeds there...)</div>

#50138  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:26 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>"And is it just me or did this movie have an over-abundence of genital humour?" I'd assume there would be judging from the name of the movie, Goldmember =)</div>

#50140  by kali o.
 Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:12 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah, I thought about that after ; )</div>
 #50143  by Tessian
 Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:10 am
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I just actually saw the movie (in a theatre, as crappy as it was) and found it at least as funny as the previous two. They KNEW they were recycling jokes and they made fun of that too which made it that much funnier. They didn't try to make it better than the previous two in any form except in shear silliness and humour.

*Mini Me hands Foxxy a piece of paper*
" 'You're beautiful, were you cloned from an angel?' well thank you, Mini Me, and no"
*hands Foxxy another piece of paper*
" 'Do you have a little clone inside you?' haha, no I don't"
*motions for Foxxy to turn the paper over*
" 'Would you like one?' "

:P The beginning was Hillarious! The movie just made fun of itself and I really enjoyed it</div>
 #50144  by Tessian
 Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:15 am
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I just actually saw the movie (in a theatre, as crappy as it was) and found it at least as funny as the previous two. They KNEW they were recycling jokes and they made fun of that too which made it that much funnier. They didn't try to make it better than the previous two in any form except in shear silliness and humour. *Mini Me hands Foxxy a piece of paper* " 'You're beautiful, were you cloned from an angel?' well thank you, Mini Me, and no" *hands Foxxy another piece of paper* " 'Do you have a little clone inside you?' haha, no I don't" *motions for Foxxy to turn the paper over* " 'Would you like one?' " :P The beginning was Hillarious! The movie just made fun of itself and I really enjoyed it.. and yes, there was a lot of genitalia jokes in it, but most were funny and when they weren't the other characters felt it too :P "It(his submarine) is long and sturdy and full of sea-men" *silence* "No? Not even a tickle? Alright then.."</div>
 #50146  by kali o.
 Sat Jul 27, 2002 2:01 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>But now I can see your nuts.....

Ah well, I watched it twice to ensure I felt the way I tought I felt about the movie...

It's jumbled and getting old...

Seems like the critics are agreeing with me to (ie; decent movie, not as good as the other two).

Oh well, we'll see what everyone else thinks...

KO-</div>
 #50147  by kali o.
 Sat Jul 27, 2002 2:02 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>But now I can see your nuts..... Ah well, I watched it twice to ensure I felt the way I thought I felt about the movie... It's jumbled and getting old... Seems like the critics are agreeing with me to (ie; decent movie, not as good as the other two). Oh well, we'll see what everyone else thinks... KO-</div>

#50148  by Lox
 Sat Jul 27, 2002 2:14 pm
<div style='font: bold 9pt ; text-align: left; '>The critics say so? Well, we all know critics opinions are worth more than a bag of shit! ;)</div>

#50149  by Zeus
 Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:06 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Unfortunately, I agree. Re-hashed jokes made up about 50% of the movie, and the film was FAR too aware that it was the second sequel and just milked it. Everything a sequel shouldn't do. It was decent, but nothing like the first two</div>

#50150  by Zeus
 Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:07 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I gotta learn how to use IRC one of these days. I'll just wait 'til you get a better version, but thanks for the offer</div>

#50151  by Tessian
 Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:56 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I prefer to think of myself as slightly psychotic :)</div>
 #50152  by kali o.
 Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:04 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Looks like you don't deserve a hotpocket!</div>

#50153  by Tessian
 Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:17 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>lol, yeah</div>

#50156  by Blotus
 Sat Jul 27, 2002 9:46 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Bonus points awarded for the Office Space quote.</div>
 #50167  by Tessian
 Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:20 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>It was what we decided to do with $8.50 (everyone donated .50).. watch Office Space and eat popsicles. The girl who gave that idea obviously didn't do much research cause renting the movie cost close to nothing so our teacher ended up buying 30-some popsicles..

No one liked my idea; sell my dignity to the class. They musta all known I don't have any to begin with</div>

#50168  by Kupek
 Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:40 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Hey, that was my suggestion. (Minus the popsicles.)</div>
 #50169  by Flip
 Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:22 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>I read a review that calls Mike Myers a "comedic genius". I dont know if i would go that far but he sure did blend the story line, side parts, and flashbacks into one hell of a funny movie.</div>

#50203  by Zeus
 Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:43 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I agree that it was entertaining, quite, but it just doesn't hold a candle to the other two, which were awesome. That's the main problem. Also, So I Married An Axe Murderer was funny as hell too, same with both Wayne's World flick, so I can somewhat agree with that statement</div>