The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• M. Night is a modern day Alfred Hitchcock.  Signs is awesome, but probably not what you think (if you think anything about it).

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#50267  by Derithian
 Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:32 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>good flick</div>

#50269  by Zeus
 Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:59 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I'll have to see if my buddies want to see that one. I loved Sixth Sense and I thought Unbreakable was pretty good....I just hope the trend doesn't continue</div>

#50272  by G-man Joe
 Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:34 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>"Signs" was a very good suspense movie. I higly recommend it to the non-Escape from LA crowd. =8^)</div>
 #50280  by Flip
 Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:55 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>I love how everything tied together at the end. Fate was definitely the theme. The Ray guy (M.Night) says "Its almost like it was meant to happen." when talking about hitting Grahams wife with the car, and it ended up being true. The boy's asthma saved his life, the "swing away" gave Graham the idea to tell the brother to use his bat, the girls water thing turned out to be good, when Graham almost picked up the water cups to put them away but then decided not to... everything. Granted, i think it kinda dumb that the mother had to die for the son to end up living.

The ending was fine, but i was expecting something different. I'm really not sure what i was expecting, but with the movie being so good in the beginning and middle i thought there would, well, something.

All in all it was worth my matinee ticket.</div>
 #50282  by G-man Joe
 Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:52 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>....and more about faith and fate or coincidence. Everything in the end tied everything together. I loved how this movie was thrilling mainly from what you didn't see. Similar in intensity to the movie "The Others". Also the same suspense build up....slow and methodical. Of course, in this movie, there was that familiar "Speilberg" comic relief. Hehehe! Remember the "Hershey's Kisses" helmets? and "I'm insane with anger!"???

BWAHAHAHAH!

PS : the fate of his wife was derived from a story that happened to someone who was pinned against the platform and a train. If the train was moved, the man would die instantly since his insides was held together by the train (after he was twisted by it against the platform). The police called in his wife for his final goodbye before they removed him from the train and platform.</div>

#50353  by Torgo
 Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:43 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>"Spielberg comic relief." Heh, I love it!</div>