The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• What about the Others?  I thought it was a very interesting movie... Slow in parts but with the biggest twist ending ever.  I can however see how people expecting a hack n' slash horror movie could be VERY dissapointed.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #50514  by ManaMan
 Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:43 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Courier New"; text-align: left; '>What about the Others? I thought it was a very interesting movie... Slow in parts but with the biggest twist ending ever. I can however see how people expecting a hack n' slash horror movie could be VERY dissapointed.</div>

#50515  by Zeus
 Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:48 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Very good movie with a great ending. I was pleasantly surprised</div>

#50517  by Kupek
 Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:19 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>I enjoyed it. Definitely thet ype of movie you want to know little about before seeing it.</div>

#50518  by Zeus
 Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:09 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Definetely. Spoilers would really kill it</div>

#50519  by G-man Joe
 Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:26 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>Loved it. Slow, methodical and nearly every frame of the movie was worth a screen capture. Hack n' slash got old back in the 80's Jason films.</div>

#50521  by Blotus
 Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:32 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Very good. Not so much the second time through, watching it alone, but what movie is?</div>

#50541  by Gentz
 Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:49 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>I loved it too. I hate it when people say it was a rip-off of Sixth Sense. They were really nothing alike besides the fact that they were ghost stories that came out around the same time.</div>

#50546  by Zeus
 Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:33 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>A year or two apart is same time? I think it was because they deal with ghosts</div>
 #50549  by Lee+S.
 Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:57 pm
<div style='font: ; text-align: left; '>And here's a kicker. The moment I heard it had ghosts I said, "Well, if it's going to be a thriller that's even remotely like the Sixth Sense, then in the end it will turn out that the main characters were in fact ghosts the whole time."

Fucking A. Good job, Alejandro Amenabar. Maybe in your next movie you can feature yourself babysitting total retards only to realize (in a thrilling fashion) that it is in fact <i>you</i> who is the retard being baby-sat! What a climactic final scene!

--Lee S.</div>