The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Just finished watching XXX (thanks Kali ;-)..spoiler inside, but only if you're a movie novice (ie. no specific plot spoilers)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #50689  by Zeus
 Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:45 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>First off, man, paying that $80 to upgrade to a DVD player that played burned stuff was DAMNED worth it, it's so much more comfy and enjoyable than on the comp, particularly with more than one person, as I often watch movies.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, XXX was yet another disappointing summer movie. It's a plague I tell ya. Don't get me wrong, it had some great, great action sequences (the shit they made the stuntman do on the bike....), but the movie as a whole wasn't too great. Sam Jackson was Sam Jackson, a cool supporting character. Vin Diseal (sp?) has shown he can act (Boiler Room and Pitch Black to a degree) but is now becoming this huge star, so they're not letting him act. The girl was OK but nothing special. And the plot was nearly pure formula...which was irritating 'cause it coulda been real cool if they just didn't force it into the outcast-guy-grows-a-heart-and-saves-the-world-while-saving-his-woman plot (if any of you consider this a spoiler....). Just let Vin remain an ass and all would be well. Let the movie end in ANY way except what you would expect going in an all would be well. Try not referring to video games every 10 minutes and overdoing the extreme sports angle and maybe Vin woulda been cool just on his own instead of trying to make him out to be cool.

Big action film with an emerging star, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different. It's just so frustrating to watch a movie that could be SO much better SO easily.....but I've been doing that all summer. I hope to hell Signs doesn't turn out the same</div>

#50692  by ManaMan
 Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:51 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Courier New"; text-align: left; '>Actually, that stunt man died during the making of the film... I saw it on E.T. or something.</div>

#50696  by Zeus
 Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:56 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>That doesn't surprise me at all. I can't believe they made him do that stuff</div>