The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Saw "The Transporter"... Good movie, no plot, all action.  Heres the formula they used: Fast and the Furious + a Jackie Chan movie + That guy from Snatch as a Bruce Willis wannabe in a Bruce Willis action movie + some euro style.  I'd

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #51556  by ManaMan
 Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:04 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Courier New"; text-align: left; '>Saw "The Transporter"... Good movie, no plot, all action. Heres the formula they used: Fast and the Furious + a Jackie Chan movie + That guy from Snatch as a Bruce Willis wannabe in a Bruce Willis action movie + some euro style. I'd still recommend it for the "ooh-ahh" value.</div>

#51557  by G-man Joe
 Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:09 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>Well....does it have corny diologue? I hope not. Otherwise, I'd gonna go see it. Heck...I'm watching "Snatch" on my ATI TV screen as we speak. D-E-S-E-R-T E-A-G-L-E scene just finished. =8^)</div>

#51558  by G-man Joe
 Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:09 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>Well....does it have corny diologue? I hope not. Otherwise, I'm gonna go see it. Heck...I'm watching "Snatch" on my ATI TV screen as we speak. D-E-S-E-R-T   E-A-G-L-E scene just finished. =8^)</div>
 #51561  by kali o.
 Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:40 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>...I really like the entire cast. Wasn't that asian girl the one from Jackie Chan's "Gorgeous"...?

KO-</div>

#51562  by Derithian
 Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:25 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>i think the start may have been one of the best chases i have ever seen....</div>

#51563  by Torgo
 Sat Oct 12, 2002 5:39 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>It does.</div>
 #51564  by Torgo
 Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:01 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>The plot corny, the screenplay was sucked, but the action sequences were very nice. Jason Statham saved that movie, or brought it to new heights, even. See below for more (spoilers).

<b>Spoiler Message:<b>
<span style="background: black; color: black;">The amazing coincidences that worked in Statham's favor were definitely the highlight of this movie.

"Looks like some people are firing at my house. Good thing I have not one but <i>two</i> diving masks in my escape tunnel"

"Darn, my car just broke down. Oh look, a crop duster..."

"Oh no! Someone's shooting at me while I'm hanging on for dear life at the bottom of this speeding truck. I'll just use this conveniently-close-by cross wrench to throw at the driver."

Heh, that's just a few of them.</span></div>
 #51565  by Derithian
 Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:35 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>part whe he

<span style="background: black; color: black;">jump off the bridge onto the car carrier.....that was fukkin badanus</span></div>

#51569  by Zeus
 Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:29 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Just got it on the HD. I do wanna see it, I like that guy from Snatch and I've always like Bruce Willis-style action movies. The trailers looked really good too</div>

#51572  by Auron
 Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:27 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>It's a European movie trying to be a North American Action flick</div>
 #51577  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:13 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>...but the movie sets itself up to have no plot. It tells a story of how when you break the rules, everything gets fucked up. He broke a rule, everything gets fucked up. Yeah Besson could have done a better job of letting the audience know where the hell the movie was going. A little dialogue would have made this film even more worth while than the special effects and fast cars and fight scenes.

I don't believe the guy is trying to be like Bruce. Yeah he looks like Bruce, but I think they are both Original actors. This is not a Bruce Willis action flick. And how in the hell can you compare this to fast and the furious? No. I'd say more like 'The French Connection' or 'The Bourne Identity'. In other words, Ja-Rule doesn't make a cameo in the film. Jackie Chan movie...alright, I'll give you that one. That's the only allusion though that I'll give you props on.

I liked the movie, and I like Besson's directing. Hence reasons why 'The Professional' and 'The Fifth Element' are two of my favorite movies. I have yet to see 'La Femme Nikita'.</div>
 #51579  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:23 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>He had...

<span style="background: black; color: black;">..to chase that crop duster down.

Atleast he only had one air tank, I believe they come with two masks anyway, or they could have pulled a bond and...shared.</span></div>
 #51586  by Tessian
 Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:05 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I mean comeon-- the fight on the floor covered in oil?! That was AWESOME!! ESPECIALLY when he got the bicycle pedals to kick everyone's ass :) But there were many places throughout the movie where things didn't make any sense.

Anyone else notice that they took out the part of the trailer where he deflected one of the rockets with a cooking pan? :P</div>