The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Die Another Day-- very entertaining Bond flick as long as you ignore the huge plot holes like I did.  Ohh, and the WarCraft III trailer gave me chills even if it seemed rushed

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #52324  by Tessian
 Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:04 am
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>Die Another Day-- very entertaining Bond flick as long as you ignore the huge plot holes like I did. Ohh, and the WarCraft III trailer gave me chills even if it seemed rushed</div>

#52325  by Eric
 Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:25 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Pfft, I would have pulled a 006 if I have been abandoned for 14 months in a Korean prision.</div>

#52326  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:40 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Is it better than Brosnan's other Bond films? I think the guy's a great Bond, but damn, his movies have sucked</div>

#52329  by Tessian
 Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:57 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>isn't that the golden rule of secret agents? "If I am captured my country will disavow any knowledge of my existance"</div>

#52330  by Tortolia
 Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:56 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I really liked Goldeneye, but the other two were...bleh. Haven't seen the new one.</div>

#52332  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:34 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Really? I thought Goldeneye was one of the worst bond films ever (but it was a totally awesome game). It had amazing acting from Bean and Brosnan though, but I'd say that it's in the bottom 3. Too bad they had to kill Sean Bean's character off, it had a lot more potential than they allowed it.</div>

#52336  by Lox
 Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:12 pm
<div style='font: bold 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I loved GoldenEye. Tomorrow Never Dies was really good too, imo. I kinda liked the last one.</div>

#52346  by Zeus
 Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:53 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Goldeneye was decent, EASILY the best of the bunch. Made better by the game. The others STANK.</div>

#52347  by Zeus
 Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:54 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>His other 2 might be the worst ever, right next to Her Majesty's Secret Service (that was the Lazenby one, if I remember correctly). Goldeneye wasn't exactly amazing, but don't put it in the same category as those ones</div>
 #52359  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:59 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>The movie has some of the best and most interesting action scenes in any Bond flick, the best musical score, the best villain, and the best plot. The only reason it wasn't popular on its release was because of the lack of Connery. The movie has an excellent atmosphere to it.</div>

#52362  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I partially agree with the statement, good Bond (not quite as charismatic as Connery) but the movies themselves leave a lot to be desired. I wouldn't say his films are the worst though, Moore's flicks easily made up the majority of the trash though The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker were great films</div>

#52367  by SineSwiper
 Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:22 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Wasn't that the one with the Indian Bond that only lasted one movie?</div>

#52372  by Zeus
 Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:54 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Lazenby was British :-) The big deal about Dalton is that he was the first non-British Bond, which is why he didn't last past 2 movies, even though he was great. Lazenby just sucked ass in the worst Bond film by far</div>

#52378  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:44 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Never say never again is the worst Bond film. OHMSS is considered among hardcore Bond fans to be one of the best if not the best.</div>

#52387  by Zeus
 Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:23 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Then hard-core Bond fans are dumbass. OHMSS SUUUUCKED AAAASS. Never Say Never Again was OK, and it was the only Bond flick (if I'm not mistaken) who's Bond girl actually became a star (Kim Basinger) afterwards</div>

#52399  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:58 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Alright, I'm now convinced that you've never seen the movie.</div>

#52444  by Zeus
 Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:41 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Oh, I've seen it....for about 45 minutes. Then I just couldn't tolerate it anymore. Hell, it took me 10 minutes to figure out it was a Bond movie (came in about 20 minutes into the flick), and I like a lot of older Bond movies. C'mon, it's reknown to be a brutal film, just ask around.</div>