The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Saw Requiem for a Dream-- one fucked up movie.  I never want to hear the term "ass on ass" again

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#52673  by Zeus
 Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:00 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>lol. But, what did you think of it overall? Did you think it was a brilliant film? 'Cause if you did, you're fucked up, that was my impression. Particularly the acting job of the mother</div>

#52684  by Tessian
 Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:56 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I didn't particularly like it, but I did enjoy some parts...mostly because of my distest for druggies</div>
 #52685  by SineSwiper
 Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:42 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Doctors don't get you arrested if you are doing heroin, and the police don't arrest you if you're on something (only if you're carrying something). Doing uppers isn't going to make you feel like your on LSD. Doctors will DEFINITELY not ignore you if you say something is wrong with the drugs. Nor will they have you sign a document, knowing that you are not fit to make that sort of judgment. Oh, and smoking weed doesn't make you see things.

Otherwise, it's a good deep dark movie that I will try to avoid seeing again. It's too bad that people *cough* Two Towers *cough* Paul Oakenfold *cough* *cough* are ripping off the soundtrack.</div>

#52686  by SineSwiper
 Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:49 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Brilliant in the fact that it created a deep, dark, depressing atmosphere that destroyed your psyche, yes. But, a good credit to that is Clint Mansell's soundtrack.</div>
 #52688  by Tessian
 Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:53 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>doctors can when it's freakin obvious and you're in Georgia and if they want to. I'm pretty sure they'd have to treat you before they arrest you though. Mixing all the shit they gave her and taking more than the dosage WILL screw you up and when it's a crooked uncaring doctor like she had he won't give a damn what you say.

And who cares if they're using a song or two from it, that's an honor</div>
 #52691  by SineSwiper
 Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:29 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>
doctors can when it's freakin obvious and you're in Georgia and if they want to. I'm pretty sure they'd have to treat you before they arrest you though.
On what charge? It's not illegal to be on drugs, or previously been on drugs. It's illegal to CARRY drugs.
Mixing all the shit they gave her and taking more than the dosage WILL screw you up and when it's a crooked uncaring doctor like she had he won't give a damn what you say.
Those are uppers, and it's really not screwing with your brain. It's not a hallucegin, so you don't see shit. Of course, I might be able to buy a "glass-like effects" argument, but I've never taken glass, so I can't comment.
And who cares if they're using a song or two from it, that's an honor
It dilutes the movie. That song was the framework of the whole movie. Using it in other situations makes me think of Requiem. Calling it an "honor" is like calling Puff Daddy's "I'll be missing you" Police ripoff an "honor".</div>
 #52737  by Shellie
 Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:12 pm
<div style='font: 11pt georgia; text-align: left; '>Doctors have to keep what you tell them confidential, same with therapists, unless it may harm another person Im sure.

Besides, just because he had a seriously infected hole in his arm, it doesnt mean he's been shooting up. Hell, maybe he was stabbed and couldnt afford treatment and the reason he was acting strange was loss of blood or the infection..*shrug* whatever...doctors do not turn people in who are under the influence of drugs.

I happen to love the movie, and have the Director's Cut on DVD. Yeah its a bit inaccurate, but I dont care. And I do believe people mixing uppers/downers and whatever else she was taking, plus the fact that she wasnt eating much of anything, would make you hallucinate somewhat..at least make you crazy like it did her. Though, I dont think a "cure" would be what they did to her...just a bit of detox time.

Definately not a movie to watch while high...hehe</div>