The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Hey, they're making a high budget movie called "Troy", it is based on the Trojan war and stars Sean Bean as Odysseus, Orlando Bloom  as Paris, Brad Pitt as Achilles, and Eric Bana as Hector

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #53237  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:32 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Hey, they're making a high budget movie called "Troy", it is based on the Trojan war and stars Sean Bean as Odysseus, Orlando Bloom as Paris, Brad Pitt as Achilles, and Eric Bana as Hector</div>

#53241  by Flip
 Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:00 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>and Helen?</div>

#53242  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:09 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Not announced yet, just those I mentioned were announced and I must say that's a farily all-star cast. The budget for the movie is 150 million and will be filming for 170 days all over Europe beginning in April</div>

#53244  by Flip
 Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:47 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>for fun i am taking a Greek mythology class this semester, i find it all very interesting. This movie is going to rock.</div>
 #53245  by Riot Hopper
 Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:19 pm
<div style='font: ; text-align: left; '>In writing that sounds kind of lame, but if I sit here and try to imagine it, it could be cool... I really liked Gladiator.... and I watch a lot of Xena.. I would want to live in that time period if I had to live at some point in history, but then I thought about all the weird incest and perverted freaks, that's fucked up. But can you believe in India and other places they keep little kids in cages and something like 6 cents will by you an hour of sex with a 6 year old??! (according to Derrick Hensen) Fucked up!</div>

#53246  by Kupek
 Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:59 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Or not. Great source material, but due to the amount of money poured into it, I fear it may be movie-by-committee. I'm going to see it, I took an acient history class last semester.</div>

#53247  by Flip
 Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:58 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>While theevent was hostory, it makes for a much better story when yu mix in the gods, which i'm sure your ancient history class didnt discuss. I hope the movie uses the gods as characters and part of the plot.</div>

#53248  by Flip
 Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:59 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>While the event was history, it makes for a much better story when you mix in the gods, which i'm sure your ancient history class didnt discuss.  I hope the movie uses the gods as characters and part of the plot.</div>
 #53249  by Kupek
 Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:02 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Too bad I didn't like how it was taught (to an extent), it could have been an interesting class, but I didn't get as much out of is I expected.

Anyway, that has little to do with how the movie is made. But yeah, if done correctly, having the gods would work well - in fact, it's rather difficult to seperate the two since as far as I understand, the record we have of it are the myths from that time period. For a long time historians didn't think there even was a Troy.</div>

#53250  by SineSwiper
 Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:06 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>You obviously haven't seen Caligula, have you? Go find the X-rated version (not the R-rated one). Good stuff.</div>

#53254  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:42 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Excellent. Is it based entirely on greek work or is it also including literature from the early modern era through into the Victorian era?</div>

#53255  by Lox
 Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:45 pm
<div style='font: bold 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Claire Forlani is listed as a member of the cast on imdb.com but it doesn't say who she's playing. I could see her as Helen possibly.</div>