The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Reservoir Dogs..Im middle of the road on it.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #53617  by Shellie
 Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:44 pm
<div style='font: 11pt georgia; text-align: left; '>Watched it last night. Ive always been told its one of THE movies you have to see. Maybe it was all the hype, but it didnt live up to my expectations. I didnt even know what it was about, all I knew was...I just HAD to see it. Ok, so I saw it. Errr....yeah..its Quentin Tarantino, I really loved Pulp Fiction, but Reservoir Dogs doesnt even compare.

Im not saying it was horrible, I liked it. I just don't see how THIS movie is one of THE movies you have to see. Fuck this, Fuckin that...seems like they randomly added the word "fuck" in to try to get a shock or something.

I dunno..Im up in the air about it. It kinda reminds me of Snatch in some weird way...the bad guys getting fucked over. I really liked Snatch though.

Anyone else?</div>
 #53618  by Tessian
 Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:53 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>It was a decent movie but you're right-- definitely not as great of one as I'd heard. I did like how everyone died in the end but it just wasn't that good of a movie; I was expecting a lot better of a twist.

Maybe it's just me and I'm starting to be able to pick up on the random twists...I dunno, decent but far from great.</div>

#53619  by SineSwiper
 Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:00 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>You didn't like Blade Runner that much. You didn't like Brazil that much. You didn't like Reservoir Dogs that much. I think Blues Brothers was the only movie that gave you any kind of reaction.</div>
 #53620  by Shellie
 Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:08 pm
<div style='font: 11pt georgia; text-align: left; '>That post was pretty chopped up..I was taking a call, typing a sentence, doing half a sentence and taking a call. Really broke up my train of thought. Snatch just came to mind, I dont know why.</div>

#53621  by Shellie
 Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:09 pm
<div style='font: 11pt georgia; text-align: left; '>They were good movies..they just didnt live up to the hype</div>

#53622  by Derithian
 Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:49 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>Did zeus get yer password and start posting as you or somethin?</div>

#53623  by Shellie
 Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:27 pm
<div style='font: 11pt georgia; text-align: left; '>lol..no...what was so great about the movie?</div>

#53624  by Zeus
 Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:22 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>It was great, at least as good as Pulp Fiction.....so therefore, you're OK. All you others are now freaks</div>

#53625  by Zeus
 Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:22 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Watching them 10+ years later doesn't help</div>

#53627  by SineSwiper
 Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:13 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I didn't realize the technology of storywriting had developed so far in the last 10 years.</div>

#53630  by Zeus
 Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:11 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>It hasn't, but timing and production value sure have......and it's noticable</div>

#53632  by G-man Joe
 Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:36 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>When there have been a lot of movies that were inspired by such great movies, of course the originals seem dated to you.</div>