The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Omfg...a cliffhanger series fanale that ends in the words "To be Continued" ?!! I hope they're trying to say something...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#54059  by Tortolia
 Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:26 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Yes, they're saying "Fuck you very much". WORST CLIFFHANGER TO END A SERIES ON IN THE HISTORY OF TELEVISION. @#$@#%@#</div>

#54061  by Imakeholesinu
 Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:57 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>WTF are you fucks babbling about? Seriously, your posts are just as bad as the "To Be continued" endings of some shows. For fucks sake WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!</div>

#54062  by Tortolia
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:08 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>The series finale of Farscape.</div>

#54063  by Tortolia
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:24 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Besides...if you saw it, you know EXACTLY what we're talking about...if you didn't see it, there's nothing to contribute to the thread anyway, so it's a wash either way</div>

#54065  by Zeus
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:38 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I have the first ep of s3 of Six Feet and almost the second, if you care</div>

#54068  by Imakeholesinu
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:34 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I really need to see like...the rest of that series...</div>

#54069  by Imakeholesinu
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:36 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Maybe a Sci-fi mini-series movie two years down the road will make it all better no? Yes? maybe? *gives Tort a lolly*</div>

#54070  by Tortolia
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:57 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>There is absolutely no question that you need to. What have you seen, season 1? It gets so much better</div>

#54071  by Imakeholesinu
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:59 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I've seen 21 eps total of season one, and I call dibs on Chiana!</div>

#54072  by Tortolia
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:54 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Oh, man. S1 was largely fluff until Nerve. That kicked EVERYTHING off. S2 was overall good, S3 was, IMO, the best full season, and S4 had probably the best half season of the entire show.</div>

#54073  by Imakeholesinu
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:08 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I dunno, some of the stuff in Season 1 had it's moments before Nerve, but the tidbits that I've seen of other seasons I will agree with you on, it did set everything else off. Scropo is one bad mofo.</div>

#54075  by Tortolia
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:38 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>That's not to say that season 1 was a waste - there were some good episodes, and at least one episode in particular is responsible for basically the entire direction of the series - but Nerve was really the jumping-off point.</div>

#54076  by Tessian
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:27 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>no-- what I was thinking was they *may* be hinting that there WILL be more Farscape on another station</div>
 #54077  by Tortolia
 Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:14 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>As I understand it, the producers of the show had the option to edit the end of the episode to turn it from a season finale into a series finale.

You saw it, you know how easy that would have been.

They decided, however, that it wouldn't be true to the show or to the overall story arc to make those changes. That wasn't the end of the story, there WAS more, and it should have been continued.

And so the "to be continued" bit was shown, as well as those horrific final two minutes, without any expectation for a fifth season on any network. Whether or not there will be one doesn't change the fact that it wasn't the end, and Kemper wasn't going to present it as such.</div>