The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• New Radiohead album leaked. New White Stripes album out.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #54328  by Mr.Person
 Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:36 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Radiohead album - better than Amnesiac & Pablo Honey (as if that's hard to do). I probably would rank it below OK Computer, The Bends & Kid A though.

New White Stripes - I think it's slightly better than White Blood Cells. Seven Nation Army is probably the best song.</div>

#54332  by SineSwiper
 Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:02 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Amnesiac was awesome, even if it was a little bit on the experimental side.</div>

#54344  by the Gray
 Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:29 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Pablo Honey is underappreciated. I saw them perform live in '93, it was awesome. And if you like Radiohead, try the Doves 'Last Broadcast'</div>

#54345  by the Gray
 Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:30 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Also, the 'Complete Stone Roses' came out last week, complete remastering of the original recordings. Fucking brilliant is my verdict.</div>

#54352  by Mr.Person
 Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:02 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Gotta get The Stone Roses masters. Last Broadcast was a good album, but I'm not a huge fan of The Doves. Heard they are coming out with some Pixies reissues too.</div>

#54353  by Mr.Person
 Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:06 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>New info: http://www.ateaseweb.com/news/index.php -- apparently the leaked copies are early unmixed edits. Heh, I thought it was still unmixed, but apparently a lot of work still needs to be done. Awesome!</div>

#54354  by Mr.Person
 Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:07 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>New info: http://www.ateaseweb.com/news/index.php -- apparently the leaked copies are early unmixed edits.  Heh, I thought it was still unmixed and thought only minor adjustments needed to be done, but apparently a lot of work still needs to be done. Awesome!</div>

#54356  by SineSwiper
 Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:20 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Given their previous albums, they have a good mixer now, which adds to the songs immensely.</div>

#54358  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:45 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>White Stripes YAAAY! Radiohead booo!</div>

#54359  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:49 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Actually Radiohead is pretty damn cool, I just don't like the lead singer</div>

#54368  by ManaMan
 Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:56 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Same for me... only the exact opposite.</div>

#54369  by the Gray
 Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:36 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I've also got the bootleg of the Roses 'Live at the Haciende' from 89 I think. I've got a tonne of Pixies and Frank Black stuff too. Check out 'theMusic' too.</div>