The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Oh yeah, downloaded some 50 Cent mp3s...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #54690  by ak404
 Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:59 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Comic Sans MS"; text-align: left; '>I've got to admit, he's damned good. Great sense of rhythm, flows like a motherfucker, decent enough vocabulary so he doesn't have to swear every five seconds when a syllable fails him. "In Da Club" sounds like it'd be overplayed to death, but "Patiently Waiting" was...Jesus. 50 was good, but Em steals the fucking show on that one.</div>

#54696  by Eric
 Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:37 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>I like Many Men, although he's trying hard to be like Pac on that song, I really like it. Wangsta I love for personal reasons, because I know somebody I can apply that song to word for word, like I hate him myself. :)</div>

#54697  by Eric
 Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:38 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Oh, and 'Back Down' that's just a nasty dis....he got Ja on that song.</div>

#54699  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:11 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>21 Questions is fucking awesome.</div>

#54701  by ak404
 Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:15 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Comic Sans MS"; text-align: left; '>Yeah, I've heard a few raps putting down that guy, and it puzzles me. Who the fuck is Ja Rule and what the hell did he do to deserve the bashing?</div>

#54702  by Ishamael
 Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:18 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Not sure where that beef started, but 50 thinks Ja Rule raps about stuff he doesn't know about and is just fronting....</div>
 #54705  by Eric
 Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:39 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>LONG While ago Ja Rule was behind a club, and a guy ran up and basically took this platinum chain off his neck, and ran away with it. It made headlines, you can find the story on MTV.

Anyway a little while later Ja saw 50 in the club with the guy that stole the chain, this started the beef.

Later on while Ja's career was prospering he got into it with Darkman X(DMX), X accused him of having a chip on his shoulder, and not respecting people that accknoledged him, when they were both in the same club X would usually come over to Ja's side, X requested Ja to come over once, and Ja declined, X took offense.

On the set of "4 Life" when Ja was shooting the video in Queens, 50 was around the set, since he lives in Queens, and Ja kinda ingonred him, it's disrespectful to ignore an up and coming rapper right? 50 retailed with a video in Queens called "Life's on the Line," his first stab at Murder Inc, claming them not to be as bad as they try to be.

Later both were booked at the same hotel 50 walked up to Ja asked what his beed with him was, and then punched Ja in the mouth. 50 was then apparently stabbed by one of Ja's associates, Blackchild. Blackchild claimed responsibility but also claimed it was self defence since he thought somebody had a gun.

50 made a few underground CDs & singles including Wangsta and started shopping around for a label to find a home with, according to inside reports most major records received death threats not to sign 50(probley stemming from his drug dealing related past), Shady Records said fuck it, and signed him anyway.

Murder Inc. made a questionable claim that 50 Cent was an informant for the cops and got the warrant from the police to show off. 50 claims money was involved with falsifying that warrant.

50 made a couple of dis tracks, 3 most popular are "Wangsta" "Backdown" "P.U.S.S.Y." he goes after Ja on Wangsta & Backdown, and Murder Inc on PUSSY, calling Charlie Baltimore a bitch and Pink impersonator, and Irv Gotti a fake Suge Knight.

Ja FINALLY responded with a dis track, but I'm not sure what the first one was called. There's also "Loose Change" which just came out recently, where he names one to many people. He names 50, Eminem, Dre, Lil Moe, Busta Ryhmes, Russel Simmons, Truth Hurts, and Eminem's daughter Hailey.

Eminem, 50 Cent, and Busta Ryhems responded with "Hail Mary" using 2Pac's beat & lyrics to call Ja a fake 2Pac, the real gem of the dis is Busta's verse. There's also a mix CD by DJ Green Lantern called "The Invasion part 2" where Shady Records kinda slaughters Murder Inc, Ja Rule, Benzino and The Source Magazine for 50% of the CD. I think the most interesting part is that Busta got involved, anybody that knows Busta knows he's a peaceful rapper he never had any serious beef with anybody. But I heard Hail Mary, I forgot Busta had skills like that, rumor has it he's rocking a vest now...

DJ Kay Slay of New York's Hot 97 fame put out another recent 50 dis by Ja & Benzino called "Guess Who Shot Ya".

I don't think Shady Records will respond, they're up like 12:3 in dis exchanges with Murder Inc.

Side Note: Benzino dissed Eminem saying he's responsible for the decline of hiphop, with a song called "Pull Your Skirt Up" Eminem responded with "Nail in the Coffin" Benzino responded with "Die another Day" and I can't remember the name of the song but Eminem did respond again. Benzino also called Obie Trice a popular Detroit DJ who's not signed to Shady Records a Buster.

I think that covers just about everything.</div>

#54706  by Eric
 Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:41 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>50 Cent and Lil Moe were supposed to get together to do a dis a Ja Rule. The dogfather(Snoop Dogg) also doesn't like him. Jay Z doesn't want to work with Ja. And Nas is clique tight with Eminem but signed to Murder Inc. It's very weird. :)</div>

#54707  by G-man Joe
 Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:35 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>They'll both be killing each other like Toupe Shaker and Notarized BLT =8^D</div>

#54709  by Eric
 Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:05 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah because the hip-hop community just found that hilarious.</div>

#54738  by Torgo
 Thu May 01, 2003 3:55 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Oh indeed. I normally hate rap, but I like 50. I'll listen o his songs anytime (except for "In Da Club" and it's various remixes. Fuck you very much, radio)</div>
 #54749  by ak404
 Fri May 02, 2003 2:48 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Comic Sans MS"; text-align: left; '>Seems to be a lot of shit to crop from one theft.

BTW, got "Hail Mary." Yeah, Busta was damned good in that one. I just find it amusing that after Eminem says it's all showbiz, he gets into this kinda shit. Oh well, whatever sells records, I guess.</div>

#54791  by ak404
 Sun May 04, 2003 3:38 am
<div style='font: 9pt "Comic Sans MS"; text-align: left; '>That reminds me...I haven't heard shit from Snoop lately. What the fuck?</div>

#99318  by Eric
 Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:02 pm
ak404 wrote:<div style='font: 9pt "Comic Sans MS"; text-align: left; '>That reminds me...I haven't heard shit from Snoop lately. What the fuck?</div>
Look harder! ;p

#99324  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:40 pm
ak404 wrote:<div style='font: 9pt "Comic Sans MS"; text-align: left; '>That reminds me...I haven't heard shit from Snoop lately. What the fuck?</div>
There's a song on Laugh Now Cry Later by Ice Cube, which just came out a few days ago called Go To Church which features Snoop Dogg and Lil John. Also on You Gotta Lotta That.

EDIT:

Oh what the fuck Eric! =)

I thought I saw some names that had been gone forever, didn't check the dates =P

It's funny to see how much people liked 50 Cent back then compared to now. When I read the post, I thought people were going a little nuts =P

#99333  by Eric
 Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:23 am
The Seeker wrote:
There's a song on Laugh Now Cry Later by Ice Cube, which just came out a few days ago called Go To Church which features Snoop Dogg and Lil John. Also on You Gotta Lotta That.

EDIT:

Oh what the fuck Eric! =)

I thought I saw some names that had been gone forever, didn't check the dates =P

It's funny to see how much people liked 50 Cent back then compared to now. When I read the post, I thought people were going a little nuts =P
Ha, you just got....errr...shrine'd! ;p

#99456  by Ishamael
 Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:23 pm
So why was this post raised from the dead after 3 years? ;)