The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• The season finale of Angel aired, quite interesting...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #54924  by Crono
 Thu May 08, 2003 5:31 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>See I hafta post this here, because Eric and some others are the ones besides me who follow that world (Buffy, Angel, etc). Although Eric seems to have read spoilers up to wazoo so maybe there's no surprising him heh. That and god, I've not seen Buffy in months and now the SERIES finale of that show is coming up next episode (which i vow not to miss). They were very crafty, too, in how they inserted a reference to that show in this season finale of Angel (you can see him walk away with the "item essential for the final battle" at the end of the Angel episode).

Aaaaanyhow, lemme say oh my god. They really did it to me at the end, I coulda sworn he had killed him (and they made it look like he was driving to a graveyeard at the end). I coulda seen that coming though, he wanted a normal life and etc. If nothing else, I think it is the show's way of telling people to APPRECIATE their lives. No matter how mundane it may seem, or how insignificant in the grand scheme of things, having the love of a family is something pure and irreplaceable (as the producers of the show obviously believe).

They've said that Angel has not been renewed for a next season yet (although I'd hafta hope it has). I'll be very very angry if it does not, cause there's plenty more to sum up before they draw this world to a close. (and yes, I know there's the stuff about a spinoff show, but that would be another START and not a real summarization of the old stories)....

A similar references can be drawn on from "Hercules." When that show ended (kinda abruptly, too, in midseason) they decided to run Xena for another season after that. They did this in order to put a real end to the tale that had been weaved (and besides, Xena started running a few seasons later, and was also decently popular enough that it could merit a final season despite the costs). So in the last Xena season, they had an entire year to be sure they could do it right. A lot of the gods died, and while the end of the show was cheesy, it also showed maturity in a lot of ways (it was not a stereotypical happy ending, not at all. Not like they pulled a Sabrina LOL eeesh).</div>
 #54925  by Eric
 Thu May 08, 2003 6:02 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>
See I hafta post this here, because Eric and some others are the ones besides me who follow that world (Buffy, Angel, etc). Although Eric seems to have read spoilers up to wazoo so maybe there's no surprising him heh. That and god, I've not seen Buffy in months and now the SERIES finale of that show is coming up next episode (which i vow not to miss). They were very crafty, too, in how they inserted a reference to that show in this season finale of Angel (you can see him walk away with the "item essential for the final battle" at the end of the Angel episode).
I don't read many spoilers. :) I really do guess how some of this stuff is gonna go, like when I guessed Angel was gonna work for Westly, I really hadn't read any spoilers. You haven't been watching? Willow came onto Angel earlier in the season to put Angel's soul back after he became Angelus. In return Angel, and I'm not sure if his entire crew, are gonna guest start on Buffy's finale.
Aaaaanyhow, lemme say oh my god. They really did it to me at the end, I coulda sworn he had killed him (and they made it look like he was driving to a graveyeard at the end). I coulda seen that coming though, he wanted a normal life and etc. If nothing else, I think it is the show's way of telling people to APPRECIATE their lives. No matter how mundane it may seem, or how insignificant in the grand scheme of things, having the love of a family is something pure and irreplaceable (as the producers of the show obviously believe).
Don't get it twisted, the fan base didn't like Connor, I didn't like Connor, he made me dislike Cordelia by sleeping with her. It almost made me hurl. Connor is on the axe, and this is to make room for Spike next season IF Angel gets renewed for a 5th season.
They've said that Angel has not been renewed for a next season yet (although I'd hafta hope it has). I'll be very very angry if it does not, cause there's plenty more to sum up before they draw this world to a close. (and yes, I know there's the stuff about a spinoff show, but that would be another START and not a real summarization of the old stories)....
No spinoff for a while. We're all praying for a renewal, I'm praying it stays on the TheWB because I didn't like it when Buffy.
A similar references can be drawn on from "Hercules." When that show ended (kinda abruptly, too, in midseason) they decided to run Xena for another season after that. They did this in order to put a real end to the tale that had been weaved (and besides, Xena started running a few seasons later, and was also decently popular enough that it could merit a final season despite the costs). So in the last Xena season, they had an entire year to be sure they could do it right. A lot of the gods died, and while the end of the show was cheesy, it also showed maturity in a lot of ways (it was not a stereotypical happy ending, not at all. Not like they pulled a Sabrina LOL eeesh).
Hercules ended because Kevin Sorbo wanted more money. I'm still waiting of DVDs for both of those show's seasons.</div>

#54934  by Crono
 Sat May 10, 2003 1:10 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I've kept up with Angel the whole season, it's Buffy I was behind on. Tis why I'm gonna be going "WTF" when next episode comes.</div>

#54935  by Eric
 Sat May 10, 2003 1:57 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Bah Buffy went back to its roots, same big bad all season long. The First.</div>
 #54937  by Julius Seeker
 Sat May 10, 2003 6:07 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>In regards to being fans of the Buffy show that is.

I never really got into Xena, I watched the first season and a bunch of shows throughout, but it just seemed like Xena was where they dumped all the ideas that they decided to scrap from Hercules, a lot of the Xena episodes are just re-written Hercules episodes. Xena had some interesting characters, such as that crazy blonde chick who I thought they should have done more with. Ares was also a cool character, but seriously, the heir of Zeus should have been a much greater fighter and strategist than he was portrayed in the Xena/Hercules series (Xena and Hercules shouldn't be able to beat this guy in a fight). In Xena, I just thought it was hillarious how she disrespected him =P

Speaking of Hercules, I have all the original Mini-series episodes on tape from years ago. I don't recall them ever airing those again afterwards in the series (which is strange since they obviously put a lot more money into the production of those original episodes than any of the Legendary Journeys episodes). It's a shame that they didn't finish off Hercules, but I guess they had other ideas for Kevin Sorbo, they should have just ended it after he killed Hera rather than continue with an unfinished season. Oh well, at least I can catch re-runs every night =P</div>

#54938  by Stephen
 Sun May 11, 2003 5:16 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Buffy went from bad to suck over the past two seasons. "The First" may be the most laughably inept Big Bad ever, and I've long tired of the Buffy-Spike soap opera.</div>

#54945  by Eric
 Mon May 12, 2003 3:25 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Angel gets renewed for a 5th season. Yay! Spike on board, Cordelia not.</div>

#54956  by EsquE
 Tue May 13, 2003 6:37 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Baskerville; text-align: left; '>Woohoo!! Spike rules...even sappy Spike...always hated Cordelia...</div>

#54957  by EsquE
 Tue May 13, 2003 6:40 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Baskerville; text-align: left; '>I agree a bit about this season, it's been kind of off...but I loved last season with the musical and evil Willow...more good stuff than bad...</div>

#54964  by SineSwiper
 Tue May 13, 2003 10:42 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/2003/0 ... tml">Spike and Buffy sitting in a tree...</a>

An Salon article on the whole Buffy/Spike thing...</div>