The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I saw Matrix Reloaded again. I noticed something I didn't before...(spoiler)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #55312  by G-man Joe
 Thu May 29, 2003 10:39 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>In the Neo/Architect scene, when the Architect reveals to Neo that he's the 6th "One", the monitors with the other Neo's behind him say "I'm the Second?", "There are Five others?", "Four more? I Don't believe you!"

But that does not necessarily mean they all looked the same. I'm starting to suspect that the Mervogian (French guy) was once a Neo....and Persephone was his "Trinity".</div>

#55313  by ManaMan
 Thu May 29, 2003 11:13 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Did you notice the Bush's on the monitors when the architect's talking about the evil men who brought about the downfall of humanity?</div>

#55314  by G-man Joe
 Thu May 29, 2003 11:38 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>Are we all dying or just you? =8^)</div>

#55316  by Tessian
 Fri May 30, 2003 4:58 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>hmm...interesting last remark. Didn't think of that and makes sense</div>
 #55317  by Flip
 Fri May 30, 2003 10:29 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>None of the past 'Ones' had a trinity. Thats what makes Neo different. The main theme of this thing is certainly "love conqueres all". If the other 'Ones' had true love then they would have chosen the door that Neo did, but they didnt.</div>
 #55325  by G-man Joe
 Sat May 31, 2003 11:20 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>But they chose to save Zion instead of their "Trinity" - the door to the right. It saves Zion (but before his program is dissemated, he must choose a few humans to start Zion over again). The door to the left destroys The Matrix and with it, the billions of humans connected to it as well as allowing the destruction of Zion. Of course, they'd rather save the billions of humans and get Zion started again (which probably explains why there are very few blond haired, blue eyed children of Zion - their all mixed races).

This Neo....chose the door to the left - to save Trinity and let the Sentinels destroy Zion. But will the Matrix be destroyed along with the billion humans attached to it? Will the Sentinels be stopped by Neo at Zion? Tune in...next November...for the final conclusion!</div>
 #55326  by SineSwiper
 Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:09 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>The Architect said that the other Ones had a more generalistic feeling towards mankind, but his was more specific. Hence, Neo has a girlfriend and the other didn't. That's the difference, and I think the Oracle planned it that way from the beginning. She may have gotten tired of the same loop of control, so she, being the master of the human psyche, pairs these two up and they fall in love, which would condition Neo to choose the other path, a new path which possibly may hold to key to true freedom. (Hell, she may have even planted that dream into Neo's head, somehow.)

Why do you think the Oracle now has a bodyguard? She was mostly protected because of her importance, but she fears that the machines may have caught on to what this sixth Neo brings. (BTW, I think this bodyguard will be the Gun-Kata master of the film. That would be cool.)

BTW, you're picking at the wrong end with Mervogian. He's a villain. Always will be one. He's a program (an inventor of languages), not a human, so he can't be the One. Persephone is probably a more major character than we thought (she's in the main cast of the third movie), but she's not the Oracle or Trinity or anybody else like that.

Also, the Twins will be back in the 3rd one. Badass! I knew they didn't die.</div>
 #55331  by Shellie
 Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:09 am
<div style='font: 10pt arial; text-align: left; '>You'll notie that when the agents pick him up in the beginning and take him to the "interrogation room" You'll see a view of it on a wall of tv screens, ala the architect room.</div>
 #55332  by Shellie
 Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:02 am
<div style='font: italic 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>You'll notice that when the agents pick him up in the beginning and take him to the "interrogation room" You'll see a view of it on a wall of tv screens, ala the architect room.</div>

#55339  by ManaMan
 Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:10 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Err, I wasn't trying to make a comment about Bush, they're both REALLY in there shown on the monitors.</div>

#55344  by Ishamael
 Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:19 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Yeah, that's what I thought too...</div>

#55345  by Ishamael
 Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:20 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I was thinking the same thing...</div>

#55346  by Ishamael
 Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:21 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>He was talking about the "grotesqueries of manking" or something. And yeah, I noticed it the second time I saw it...</div>
 #55347  by G-man Joe
 Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:25 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>....Persephone said to Neo, "He was like you."

What does that mean? That he could alter and warp the Matrix rules like Neo at one time? That he was more human like Neo? Thus, the kiss she had missed for so long?</div>
 #55363  by SineSwiper
 Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:48 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>He's just a program. I think he was good-natured and pure at one point. A creator of languages. It takes a human to be the One.</div>

#55401  by Zeus
 Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:10 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was a program as well</div>
 #55405  by G-man Joe
 Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:24 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>...Neo human? Probably not. Just like the French guy.

After all....Neo is the 6th One.</div>
 #55408  by Kupek
 Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:22 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>The Architect said "While the process has changed you, you are still irrevocably human." That's almost a direct quote.</div>

#55426  by Zeus
 Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:28 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>This is a trick post, there's no way that could possibly happen. Ish couldn't possibly think :-)</div>