The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• "Hail to the Thief" while not up in the same lofty heights as "The Bends" and "OK Computer" is nonetheless a good album.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #55434  by the Gray
 Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:52 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I kept waiting for the album to take a definate turn towards the brilliant pop rock Radiohead showed us on "the Bends", or towards the introspective experimentalism of "OK Computer". Thankfully, the album isn't as abstract as "Kid A" or "Amnesiac", while possessing a few memorable tracks neither album really gripped me.

"Hail to the Thief" feels like an album out of time to me. It takes me back to '97, when this style of music was definately my thing. Today, I've drifted back into more raw Rock. I'm loving the White Stripes and have rediscovered the Pixies.

While "Hail to the Thief" lacks the Jaw Dropping, sit in the darkness listening all night, quality of Bends/OK. It is still an incredible 60 minutes of listening pleasure.</div>

#55435  by SineSwiper
 Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:12 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I loved Kid A and Amnesiac (mostly) for its abstact and Aphex Twin influences.</div>

#55436  by the Gray
 Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:36 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Oh they were definately good. They would've been landmark albums if anyone else had made them.</div>

#55605  by Mr.Person
 Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:04 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Hmm..., I believe Kid A is probably the album that cemented Radiohead's place in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. After all it won one of Seeker's beloved grammies :).</div>

#55607  by Mr.Person
 Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:29 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Hmm..., I believe Kid A is probably the album that cemented Radiohead's place in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. After all it won a grammy in an important category :).</div>