The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• After seeing each of the Animatrix shorts multiple times, I can say they're just excellent. Kid's Story is the worst of the bunch IMO (story, not style) and it's still pretty good. Also, for anyone who liked the BMW Films, you can get a free copy of the D

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #55596  by Zeus
 Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:43 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>After seeing each of the Animatrix shorts multiple times, I can say they're just excellent. Kid's Story is the worst of the bunch IMO (story, not style) and it's still pretty good. Also, for anyone who liked the BMW Films, you can get a free copy of the DVD (with minor S&H charges of course)</div>

#55598  by ManaMan
 Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:21 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>That one was just thrown in there to explain the new character in Reloaded I believe...</div>

#55599  by Ishamael
 Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:47 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Yep, it's really a very cool collection of shorts. Probably my least favorite was Matriculated. I'm still not 100% sure what the heck all that meant, but I've only seen it once...</div>

#55602  by SineSwiper
 Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:31 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I did not like the Detective story, though I haven't seen the DVD yet. (Bought it a few days before, though.)</div>

#55609  by Zeus
 Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:50 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Kid's Story? Yeah, it was the weakest for sure, but it was still pretty neat</div>

#55610  by Zeus
 Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:51 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>What? That's one of my favs. The style (B&W and so reminiscent of noir films) and the idea were great and fit the whole world of the Matrix (and followed some of the "mystique" the great "hacker" Trinity had from the first one)</div>

#55611  by Torgo
 Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:07 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Yeah, that one was my favorite.</div>

#55612  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:16 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>The ending ruined the whole thing. It's like they trying to cram a whole series worth of anime talk into a 4-minute short film. "Oh, I'm sorry, it was my fault." Jesus, you just met the chick!</div>

#55613  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:17 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>That was rather neat, even if I couldn't quite make sense of it.</div>

#55614  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:18 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I kinda liked it. Philysophical in a way. I just don't like how the character ends up.</div>

#55615  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:19 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Though, I didn't like the style too much, World Record was one of the good but underrated stories. That one kinda freaked me out.</div>
 #55616  by Shellie
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:34 am
<div style='font: 10pt georgia; text-align: left; '>I know it was animated, but thats how I want to see fights, especially sword fights, done. I hate it when the move the camera all over the place so I guess it looks more real, and confusing. I want to see every move they make with the sword.

And Beyond was awesome, kinda reminds me of dreams Ive had.

I didnt like the detective story much at all. It was rushed, and all I could think was, why would Trinity care about some guy trying to find her? For all she knows, he could turn into an agent at anytime, which he almost does.

I liked Kid's story a lot, the style was awesome, and I liked the story, although, I wish there was more explanation on what happened, and what do they mean by self sustaining whatever they said.</div>
 #55617  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:30 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I'd hit that chick, animated or not. (I'm sure the girls were thinking the same thing about some big black guy with ripped abs.) And yes, Beyond was really neat. I really like the anime style, as well as the story.</div>

#55619  by Shellie
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:26 pm
<div style='font: 10pt georgia; text-align: left; '>Sorry for the crappy background/text, it screws up when Sine decides to use the same PC as me to post I think.</div>

#55620  by Shellie
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:27 pm
<div style='font: 10pt georgia; text-align: left; '>Also, it was a lot of fun trying to guess who the animator was, Final Flight and Matriculated were easy.</div>

#55621  by Zeus
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:21 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Am I the only one who liked Detective Story? Reminded me so much about playing Under a Killing Moon or watching Blade Runner, it was great</div>

#55622  by Zeus
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:23 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Other than the visual style, it was the least inventive of the bunch, more like another Neo getting freed. Final Flight wasn't overly inventive either, but the story was much cooler (not to mention the graphics). The rest were all quite inventive</div>

#55623  by Zeus
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:24 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>That and World Record I didn't like until they were nearly done, then I dug them. Very different, but so neat and fit in so well with the idea of the Matrix's world (Matriculated shows kind of "reverse psychology" on the machines)</div>

#55626  by Tessian
 Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:24 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I didn't Dislike it, it was a unique view</div>
 #55637  by SineSwiper
 Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:22 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>But they decided that it would be too much like Neo's awakening if he was freed. So they asked "what if he failed?", and it turned out to be a good story.</div>

#55641  by Zeus
 Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:18 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>? He was NOTHING like Neo in ANY WAY.</div>

#55643  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:54 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Look, just go into the bonus shit on the CD and see the entry about World Record. (Not the director's audio track, but the other one.)</div>