The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Hmmm, since no one else has written anything: American Pie III, I haven't enjoyed a comedy this much since Naked Gun 2 1/2. Easily the best in the series, better than the first two combined! =)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #56046  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:22 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Hmmm, since no one else has written anything: American Pie III, I haven't enjoyed a comedy this much since Naked Gun 2 1/2. Easily the best in the series, better than the first two combined! =)</div>

#56048  by Lox
 Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:16 pm
<div style='font: bold 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Really? I loved 1, liked 2, and the previews for the 3rd didn't even interest me, which surprised me.</div>

#56049  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:33 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>The first two are almost the same movie, that's the problem. Also, consider that the first two were rated A, and the third is rated R.</div>
 #56050  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:24 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>As a short review:

This time around Stifler takes the center stage in the movie, and the rest focuses on Jim, and the others are there but sort of supporting characters. There is also a lot more of Eugene Levy than in the previous two. I don't know, the first two sort of mostly relied on the shock value, and though this movie has scenes even more shocking than the first two, I found it also had WAY more clever comedy in it. It didn't seem so formulated like the first two, so it wasn't predictable as the second one was.

I saw all three in the theatres, and I think this one probably drew in more laughs than the first two combined. Despite all that, the movie is never dull, there is always something interesting going on.

Now, I never saw a preview for the movie aside from that little short one they showed at the theatres a few months ago or something which just focussed on Jim and Michelle (which wasn't even funny I'll add). So I can't really comment on that. But yeah, the movie is mostly about Stifler, and the wedding times are just sort of a setting for that part of the movie. I can't really say anymore without giving away anything, but I will conclude in saying that this one is certainly much more of an adult comedy, the first two were definetly teen movies. Oh yeah, and despite it being 2 years since the second movie, this one takes place 4 years later.</div>

#56054  by Stephen
 Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:58 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>The first two were rated R, at least here in the States. Is an "A" rating exclusive to Canada?</div>

#56055  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:19 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>G is any age, PG (Parental Guidance) is 12 and up, PG13 is 13 and up, A (Adult) is 16 and up, and R (Restricted) is 18 and up</div>

#56058  by SineSwiper
 Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:48 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>As long as Stifler's mom is in it...</div>

#56066  by Oracle
 Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:14 am
<div style='font: bold 10pt ; text-align: left; '>perhaps you mean 14A? Or is that just over in western canada?</div>

#56075  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:54 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I'll leave that to be a surprise =)</div>

#56076  by Eric
 Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:58 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Stifler made that movie. The other 3 don't make me laugh out loud as much as his vile ass does. Everyone needs a friend like him. :P</div>

#56084  by Crono
 Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:01 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>"A" is for "Aboot" ... as in "Aboot as risqué as an R-rated film"</div>

#56087  by Eric
 Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:33 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Heh, at least when you stick your head out and post you crack on our Canadians. :P</div>

#56088  by the Gray
 Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:47 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Seekers probably the only one that would say 'Aboot', he's at least fairly close to Newfoundland & Labrador, the rest of us just say 'eh'</div>

#56089  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:29 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Newfies are Irish, ever watch this hour has 22 minutes? Also, aside from Nova scotia and Northern Ontario, no one in Canada says "aboot" or "eh"</div>

#56090  by G-man Joe
 Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:01 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>My friends in Toronto say it all the time, eh?</div>

#56091  by VicRattlehead
 Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:21 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>i'll be the first to admit it... i say eh? a lot and the number doubles when i've been drinking :)</div>

#56092  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:34 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Not here or Vancouver, maybe it's an Ontario thing. It's also a California thing though too =P</div>

#56103  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:04 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>No, actually it's A for ADULT, as I said above.</div>

#56153  by Blotus
 Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:57 am
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>I think it's different for theatres and video releases in Canada. G, PG, AA, and R for theatres. G, PG, 14A, and 18 for videos. Incidentally, some movies rated 'R' in the US only receive a '14A' here.</div>