The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Discovery of American Hi-Fi.  New Diffuser, and Ludacris's diet of Chicken and Beer...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #56514  by Do you know chocolate pud
 Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:01 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Impact; text-align: left; '>I was dicking around with Winamp a couple days ago and found this neat little feature called Media Library, it's a button next to the equalizer button which is next to the volume controller in Winamp 3. Anyway, I was playing with it, and I stumbled upon American Hi-Fi's album in my music directory and just let it play. I was completely blown away by the album s-t. A few songs that stuck out on the ablum were 'Another Perfect Day', 'Safer on the Outside', 'Blue Day' and of course their hit 'Flavor of the Week'. When I heard 'Flavor of the Week' again, after not listening to it since forever it seems, it reminded me of the song 'Stacie's Mom' by some band I don't know. All I know is the video is fucking awesome. So, after listening to s-t for about two days straight, I decided to go out and get their new album, 'The Art of Losing'. The title track sounds semi-familiar, but I don't remember where I heard it or when. Their sound definiatly changed since the release of s-t, but it's still pretty good. As I write this, I'm listening to 'Beautiful Disaster' and I want to say they sound kind of like At the Drive-In mixed with some Euro-punk band, but in a good way. I listen further into the album, I think they were just experimenting with certain styles and maybe playing mad scientist with them because 'Save Me' and 'Nothing Left to Lose' sound more like the s-t tracks.

'Injury Loves Melody' came out about the same time Mission Impossible 2 came out. Diffuser's single 'Karma' made it on to the soundtrack, and I fell in love with songs like 'Tell Her This', 'Tidal', and 'Leaving with a California Tilt'. When I heard they had released a second album not to long ago, off to Best Buy I was to purchase what I would think to be another wonderful work of art. Boy was I right! Their second album 'Making the Grade' has a slightly different sound, but again, for the better. I don't know why, but I can't really identify their style to compare it to something else I've heard. Song's that stood out were 'New High', 'Get it On', 'Only in the Movies' and 'I Wonder'. I would go as far to say as that something in each song I can relate with one way or another.

Ludacris's new album rocks. The only thing I have to bitch about with the ablum is that the skits suck and take away from the album in my opinion. 'Southern Fried Intro', 'Blow It Out', and 'Stand-up' are typical Ludacris tracks. Couple of other tracks are a nice change of pace like, 'Splash Waterfalls' and 'Diamond In the Back' are two nice tracks also. Overall, the beats and the ryhmes are typical ludacris. He's the only one that can do the things he does with his music.</div>

#56515  by Eric
 Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:02 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Seeker. ;p</div>

#56520  by Eric
 Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:11 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>ok, ok. ;) I just don't know many others here that openly like rap.</div>

#56521  by Tortolia
 Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:19 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Bling bling</div>

#56527  by SineSwiper
 Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:05 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Openly? Like there are some people over here who secretly listen to underground Eminem tapes in the security of their mom's basement?</div>

#56528  by Do you know chocolate pud
 Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:29 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Impact; text-align: left; '>Now if you had said Vanilla Ice or 80's Durst, then you should be ashamed of even listening to that shit in your mom's basement, I mean, it's your mom's basement, it's had to put up with you masturbating in it, it doesn't want to hear that crap too.</div>