The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Good take on Revolutions. I'd avoid reading before you see it.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #56746  by Tortolia
 Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:53 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.lileks.com/bleats/archive/03 ... html">Plus he even makes fun of Harry Knowles, not that it's especially difficult</a>

Good take on Revolutions. I'd avoid reading before you see it.</div>

#56750  by Shellie
 Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:40 am
<div style='font: 10pt georgia; text-align: left; '>I agree 100% with what he says with Knowles. Jesus, what a blubbering mass of unintelligence! He's a five-year-old stuck with writing web pages with a crayon, or a former AOL of 20 years who just discovered "The Internet" and "37337 speak".</div>

#56751  by Shellie
 Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:40 am
<div style='font: 10pt georgia; text-align: left; '>Oh, errr...SineSwiper here.</div>
 #56767  by Flip
 Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:14 pm
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>This isnt a real world, of course it will plot holes. Hell, even our own world doesnt make much sense at times. I dont know why people expect these knock you down mind blowing plots.

The movies were good, and very entertaining. The fight scenes and Zion war appeal to comic book, anime watching, game geeks, what is wrong with that.

I liked them all and will probably go see this one again this week sometime.</div>

#56769  by Kupek
 Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:45 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>It has to do with expectations, I guess. You have to get over your personal expectations before you can appreciate something for what it is.</div>

#56774  by Ishamael
 Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:22 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I disagreed with a ton of the details of his post, but his raping was of Harry Knowle's crappy review was too funny...</div>

#56778  by Derithian
 Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:02 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>actually the movies were boring excuses to show keanu fighting in weird ways. action movie wise I even found The Transporter more entertaining than the last 2....plot holes don't matter to me, I'm a horror movie fan....but the matrix movies were just pointless excuses to use special effects. crap</div>

#56784  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:37 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>The purpose of the movie was to entertain, but sorry, they all sucked =P</div>

#56830  by Zeus
 Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:15 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Depends on the film. Some movies try to do more than just entertain, and it is those that need to be criticized in that manner. The ones that are there just to entertain are often lambasted by the critics (ie. Spaceballs)</div>