The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Also bought Clockwork Orange, Terminator 3, and Scarface this week.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #56952  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:06 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>A Clockwork Orange - I know this one has been out on DVD for a while now, but I just hadn't got around to picking it up, I figured I might as well pick it up when I purchased the Lord of the Rings: Two Towers Extended Edition. Anyways, I hope everyone here has seen this great movie, and if you haven't, I highly recommend it. I certainly am no fan of Kubrick, in fact, I very much dislike most of his movies. For those who haven't seen the movie: It is about a young man by the name of Alex who loves Beethoven, extreem violence, murder, and rape. This movie is payed tribute to by a lot of other movies, the Simpsons, and many other TV shows, so it is something that should be seen just for that reason =)

Terminator 3 - A great follow up to the last two movies. Like Terminator 2 it takes off of the older movies and kind of spoofs them. The action scenes are superior to even the second movie, and the TX is a great villain. The movie does have a bit more cheese than the second, but most of it is just taking off of parts of the second movie. The special features are fun, but not extremely impressive, they include a time line, and a very funny deleted scene which shows the development of the model 101 terminators, Arnold (Sergeant Candy) has a severe hick accent and one of the scientists comment "Its great but I wish we could do something about the voice" and then another older guy comments in Arnolds true voice "it can be fixed!". Overall, I liked the movie, it was paced better than the second one, but it was more action and less suspense. The comedy level was about the same between the second and third.

Scarface, I haven't watched it yet on DVD, but I remember the movie well enough from before (I haven't seen it in years). It's essentially a gangster movie about a guy who escaped from Cuba. It has some of the most famous lines in cinema history, and also one of the most impressive endings in any movie; and yes, it also has the Bolivian Terminator. There's a lot of steriotypical Hispanic stuff in the movie, however, the word "man!" (but sounds like "mehn!") and "fucking guy" appear in the movie dozens and dozens of times. I think most people here would have seen the movie, but without giving away too much of the plot, it's about the rize and fall of a Cocaine dealer, Tony Montana. GTA Vice City takes a lot out of this movie.</div>

#56958  by Stephen
 Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:33 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>A Clockwork Orange is the best of the lot, made at the height of Kubrick's best creative streak. Scarface is over-the-top, but fun.</div>