The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• If a dude like Eminem gets caught slippin spitting off racial comments, it makes me wonder how often the rest of White America has such thoughts race through their minds.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #56921  by Eric
 Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:55 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>If a dude like Eminem gets caught slippin spitting off racial comments, it makes me wonder how often the rest of White America has such thoughts race through their minds.</div>

#56922  by Blotus
 Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:17 am
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Must just be the whites, eh? Everybody's got their reservations about certain groups of people.</div>

#56924  by Eric
 Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:24 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>I'm alot less concerned about other minorities, because most of the gatekeepers that still run this country are white.</div>
 #56935  by Ganath
 Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:03 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Although I have to admit, with the white beard and how he gives candy to small children, our bus driver does indeed look like a black santa claus. :)

I would argue that my viewpoint of race should be adopted, which is that we're all but one race: human. But that would require a great deal of naive idealism on my part.</div>
 #56944  by SineSwiper
 Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:16 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>It may seem like a simple idea, but think of it this way: Eminem is white, and he himself said that he would have made a lot less if he was black. But, I disagree with his general idea that it's because he's white. No, it's because he's different. All the big rappers are black and this white boy comes along. He's rapping as good as they do and he's different.

He said that he had a real hard time with the underground scene because he was white. Racism goes both ways. Shit, I'd even dare to say that black people hate whitey more than white people hate niggers. Because of this, people want to stay away from shit that isn't from their own kind. Blacks listen to rap. Whites listen to rock. Blacks play basketball. Whites play tennis and golf. When you get somebody out of their "element", people are like "Damn, he's really good at golf -AND- he's black."

Of course, stereotypes shouldn't be followed, as this breeds certain boundaries and excludes the minority of any one statistic. But the fact that the stereotypes are fairly accurate is the scary part. Mix together. Join shit that you "aren't supposed" to join.

We are less of a melting pot than we claim to be. Get rid of Chinatown. Why hole yourself into your own faction surrounded by "your own kind" when the "different people" might even be more trustworthy than the people you're surrounded by?

Anyway, I'm ranting, and a bunch of nutjobs are going to call me racist without even understanding what I'm talking about. Reminds me of Rush Limbaugh and that whole "black QB" debate. I hate the little Republican fucker most of the time, but he gets blasted for an opinion that he fully explained and which most people agreed with but were afraid to say.</div>

#56945  by SineSwiper
 Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:17 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Don't question the dangers of a powerful black racist.</div>

#56948  by Ishamael
 Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:22 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>All of them. That's why I shoot on sight...10 down, a couple hundred million more...What's you address again BL?</div>
 #56953  by Lox
 Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:57 am
<div style='font: bold 9pt ; text-align: left; '>The problem isn't that we are different races, it's that we use that as a reason to hate or to raise ourselves above other people. Cultural heritage and race are things to be proud of about yourself. I'm proud to be white (Italian, German mix, etc) and I wouldn't forget it for anything, but I also won't use it to hate someone who isn't like me. It's a bad idea, imo, to forget that we're different. It's a good idea to remember that just I'm because we're different, doesn't mean I'm better.</div>

#56954  by ManaMan
 Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:55 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Um, wasn't that 10 years ago? and doesn't every other fucking rapper say the "N" word about 15 times per song?</div>

#56956  by Blotus
 Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:03 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Get off your cloud, freak.</div>

#56959  by Eric
 Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:32 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>You know how society standards work. I'm not calling Eminem a racist, I'm an Eminem supporter, he's a good solid strong smart white boy with good lyrics, and music, he just got pissed and made a really bad song is all.</div>

#56960  by Ganath
 Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:23 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Culture and race are very different. Culture should definately be preserved, but I find nothing noteworthy of skin pigmentation. Although I agree that the problem isn't different colors, but rather bigotry in general. If it's not race, it's gender, or religion, or nationality, or sexuality, or...</div>

#56973  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:38 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Which song is that?</div>

#56976  by Eric
 Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:57 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Go the www.thesource.com the lyrics to the song is up, don't know about the actual song, basically he broke up with his black girlfriend and made a song with a lot of remarks about black women, shit was foul.</div>