The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Who here has seen Spirited Away? What did you think of it? Same with Castle in the Sky?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#57661  by Derithian
 Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:12 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>Sprited away was much better than the hooker: castle in the sky. (sorry my spanish translation took over for a second)</div>

#57664  by Kupek
 Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:01 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>I liked it. I wasn't blown away, but I liked it.</div>

#57666  by Tessian
 Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:37 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I saw Spirited Away and I liked it</div>
 #57684  by Agent 57
 Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:19 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>A friend of mine got an HK box set of pretty much all of Miyazaki's movies and let me borrow it, so I've seen just about everything he's done.

Spirited Away is up there with Mononoke and Nausicaa in my top tier. Ah, hell, I'll put Whisper in the Heart up there as well - it's just a great, charming, feel-good movie, which you've probably never heard of.

Slightly below that are Kiki's Delivery Service and Totoro - they're too damn cute to not like.

Laputa goes on the same level with Porco Rosso and Pom Poco - good in their own right, but not top-tier.

Then there was that real strange one with the chick flashing back to fifth grade...the name escapes me at the moment. Meh - maybe middle-aged Japanese women liked it.

<i>-57</i></div>

#57698  by Ishamael
 Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:43 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Spirited Away was good, though I don't get the hysteria over it. It wasn't wonderous or anything.</div>
 #57709  by Don
 Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:36 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Both of these two can be summarized as evil bad man destroying trees and pure innocent girl bring the trees back, the end. Porco Russo and Whispers of the Heart are my favorites, after that it'll probably be My Neighbor the Yamadas and Laputa. Lupin was okay. Never saw Spirited Away or Totoro.

Though I liked On Your Mark! more than any other Miyazaki work, even though it's only 5 minutes.</div>

#57710  by Agent 57
 Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:48 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>On Your Mark! was excellent, I agree. Spirited Away and Totoro share the same spirit (no pun intended) like Mononoke and Nausicaa did, so if you enjoy one you'll probably enjoy the other.</div>

#57715  by Don
 Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:48 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Seeing I think Mononoke and Nausicca are complete garbage I think I don't need to bother with these two. Then again, I haven't watched any new Anime in ages because there just hasn't been anything good out in a long time.</div>

#57717  by SineSwiper
 Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:46 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Wow...such a bold statement to totally blast Mononoke as "complete garbage".</div>