The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Problem with Divx Movies...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #57818  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:55 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Impact; text-align: left; '>Downloaded a movie from IRC, tried to play it and it's really choppy when I play it in both the Divx player and WMP 9. Downloaded a program called gspot to figure out if the file was fucked or if it was my codecs or my PC. Well, it came back with it being able to be rendered by Direct Show perfectly, but it's still choppy as all hell. Is it my system (2.4GH HT P4 w/ 256MB PC2700) or am I missing some vital codecs?</div>

#57819  by Zeus
 Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:00 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Wish I could help ya, but I'm looking for some codecs myself. I'm getting some files off Kazaa that I can't play and others that are green and broken up video...and I have Nimo, 3ivx, and Xvid installed. Weird..</div>

#57821  by Eric
 Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>I posted a link for this a LONG time ago, do a search for "DIVX" by me.</div>

#57822  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:26 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Impact; text-align: left; '>No luck, went 40 months back, no dice.</div>

#57825  by SineSwiper
 Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:24 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=Divx+codecs">Divx codecs</a>

GS for "Divx codecs"</div>

#57826  by Eric
 Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:34 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Do you have ANY idea how many other Codecs are out there? A google search will royally fuck you.</div>

#57827  by SineSwiper
 Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:37 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>It apparently worked for me, because I don't remember even having any problems with installing the Divx codecs. I'll look it up at home.</div>

#57843  by Eric
 Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:43 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Codecs tend to conflict with each other alot, which is why it's a good idea to have some sort of order to installing them.</div>