The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Hollywood, taking a shit on Asimov's grave, decides to make I, Robot an action-packed thriller starting Will Smith.  In other news, Jean-Claude Van Damme to star as Pinocchio in an psychological slasher flick.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #58172  by SineSwiper
 Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:16 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/i_robot/">God! They can't even get the Three Laws of Robotics right!</a>

Hollywood, taking a shit on Asimov's grave, decides to make I, Robot an action-packed thriller starting Will Smith. In other news, Jean-Claude Van Damme to star as Pinocchio in an psychological slasher flick.</div>

#58173  by Eric
 Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:53 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Get over it, it looks fuckin awesome. This, Van Helsing, Harry Potter 3(YEAH I SAID IT!), Pitch Black 2, Shrek 2, Spider-man 2,Dodgeball, that futuristic movie with Angelia Jolie, The Whole Ten Yards, Punisher, Kill Bill 2, Troy this summer's movies will rock!</div>

#58174  by Tortolia
 Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:08 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Alex Proyas is directing. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.</div>

#58178  by Kupek
 Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:29 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>The Whole Ten Yards looks dumb. I thought the first was a surprisingly clever and entertaining movie, but the trailer for the sequel just looks dumb.</div>

#58179  by SineSwiper
 Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:55 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>But...it....has...Will Fucking Smith. He might be good for Bad Boys 2 or Men In Black, but not this...</div>

#58183  by SineSwiper
 Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:02 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Huh? They are making a sequel? The movie ENDED. Fin. And it was a good story, too. I hate it when Hollywood tries to sequellize a movie that has a clear-cut ENDING. It is absolute law that it will fail.</div>

#58185  by Tortolia
 Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:29 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>cry more noob?</div>

#58186  by Eric
 Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:05 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Once again, get over it.</div>

#58187  by Kupek
 Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:13 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Have you watched the trailer? It looks good.</div>

#58189  by Zhuge Liang
 Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:41 pm
<div style='font: ; text-align: left; '>The movie itself looks fine, but I don't see why they had to steal from Asimov, given that the movie doesn't look like it has anything to do with the book (how many has read the book)? They should have just called it T5 or Matrix 0 or something.</div>

#58192  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:10 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I think Will Smith is a good addition to the movie, the only problem I think it'll have is that it is NOTHING like the book.</div>

#58193  by Flip
 Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:53 am
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>i read it a long time ago, i dont remember much, but i thought I, Robot was a collection of like 8 or 9 interconnected short stories... the only thing the movie looks like it is using are the 3 rules.</div>

#58194  by Zhuge Liang
 Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:34 am
<div style='font: ; text-align: left; '>They might mention it, but they don't use the three rules. The robots attacked people! Asimov's robot series was interesting because the plots revolved around the intracacies of the rules and their implications. It wouldn't be an Asimov robot story if the robots outright broke the rules.</div>

#58195  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:11 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I think I remember one of his books being about a detective going up to one of the planets to investigate a murder.</div>

#58196  by Zhuge Liang
 Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:36 pm
<div style='font: ; text-align: left; '>"Caves of Steel", not "I Robot". And neither had robot armies attacking people.</div>

#58197  by SineSwiper
 Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:24 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Complete with lame jokes: "Sugar? No, I was talking about the coffee, not you." (If that's the best they can do...) Honestly, I wouldn't mind the movie so much if they didn't just tack on the Asimov ideas and name without any thought to it.</div>

#58198  by SineSwiper
 Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:25 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Complete with lame jokes: "Sugar? No, I was talking about the coffee, not you." (If that's the best they can do...) Honestly, I wouldn't mind the movie so much if they didn't just tack on the Asimov ideas and name without any thought to it.</div>