The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• First Columbine, then Fog of War, now The Corporation (history of and commentary on the current and future status of corporations). There are some kick-ass documentaries out there right now. check all of these out if you can, they'll all great, entertaini

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #58280  by Zeus
 Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:49 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>First Columbine, then Fog of War, now The Corporation (history of and commentary on the current and future status of corporations). There are some kick-ass documentaries out there right now. check all of these out if you can, they'll all great, entertaining, and highly informative</div>
 #58281  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:12 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>The one on Homeless people was funny just based on how ridiculous and stupid it made a lot of homeless people sound. There was one girl who had 5 kids from five different fathers, and was pregnant with a 6th from a 6th father (who had taken her off the street locked her up and raped her for a few weeks). The funniest part was when they interviewed this guy around age 16, missing teeth, lived under a bridge, his name was Harley; he essentially said he lives on the street because "I don't like any of the rules, I hate how I have to be in by midnight every night". They did show one guy on the street who was actually reading a book, and seemed to have some intelligence, but they didn't go anywhere with that, instead they just went back to focussing on the dumbasses. Now seriously, if someone was watching that documentary, I doubt they would want to donate money or want the government to donate money to help the homeless, because that documentary made them look stupid.

The one called "Rods" was about these little rods that they manage to catch on camera, but are too fast to see with the naked eye, they are rod shaped and thought by some to be a sort of insect. The worlds largest rod was captured on film during the filming of a tornado I believe. Personally I think the whole thing is just some sort of problem that they might have with the film, or the light. This documentary was funny mainly because the people discussing it had their faces darkened out, sometimes their voices altered so that they could avoid embarrassment of course.

There was also another one called "Killer Lakes" which was about lakes which had poisonous natural gasses below them, and every so often they would "explode' and the natural gas would come up and kill all life.

Yeah, documentaries are great =)

The ones I enjoy watching the most usually deal with archaeology, such as the tomb of Emperor Qin in China, possibly the most detailed tomb in the history of mankind (the one with the sculpted lifesize army, the pyramid, and all that stuff); the City of Knossos, Troy, Egypt, etc....</div>

#58286  by Ishamael
 Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:56 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>The best part was when Alan Moore's eyes turned green, his hair flashed to yellow, and he became super saiyan level 3...oh wait, wrong thread. Damn.</div>

#58296  by Zeus
 Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:53 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>If only I had my admin status still.....</div>