The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Bubba Ho-tep is an excellent, excellent movie. If you even pretend to be a Bruce Campbell fan, see this movie. And Hellboy was great as well. Just a good, fun comic book movie

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #58333  by Zeus
 Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:12 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Bubba Ho-tep is an excellent, excellent movie. If you even pretend to be a Bruce Campbell fan, see this movie. And Hellboy was great as well. Just a good, fun comic book movie</div>

#58334  by Eric
 Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:24 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Hellboy was cool, but I also think it did lose it's "BOOM" midway through.</div>

#58335  by G-man Joe
 Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:54 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>So...what Hell Boy's secret? that Nazi dude had the big ass arm fell through...and then a baby devil with a big arm came out. Can someone esplen da connection, mang?</div>

#58363  by SineSwiper
 Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:30 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>It seems like Hellboy was missing about 30 minutes worth of explanation, for the sake of "keeping the pace". I would rather have some better backstory, since the characters are indeed interesting.</div>

#58365  by Zeus
 Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:48 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Dear Lord, man, not every film has to be an epic. It was a great comic book film</div>

#58412  by SineSwiper
 Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:16 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Don't get me wrong. I liked the movie, but you didn't get into the characters as much as, say, X-Men or Spiderman. Spiderman's character development was especially good.</div>

#58416  by Zeus
 Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:18 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I agree, but also, it was never supposed to be, never marketed to be, and never pretended to be what the Marvel movies were. So, you really shouldn't compare them in that particular respect</div>