The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Did anyone like Troy, or did everyone find it as boring, poorly acted, poorly directed and piss-poorly edited as I did?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #58963  by EsquE
 Fri May 28, 2004 7:06 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Baskerville; text-align: left; '>Did anyone like Troy, or did everyone find it as boring, poorly acted, poorly directed and piss-poorly edited as I did?</div>

#58964  by Derithian
 Fri May 28, 2004 7:41 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>*raises his hand* I thought it sucked ass too. And of course if you read below poeple tore me apart for saying so. I'm sorry but it sucked.</div>

#58966  by Eric
 Sat May 29, 2004 12:32 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>I was expecting Gladiator, I instead got The Adventures of Young Hercules. :P</div>
 #58968  by Julius Seeker
 Sat May 29, 2004 9:18 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>The casting in Helen of Troy was almost all around better. I felt that the Helen they used in Helen of Troy had a great deal more natural beauty than the one they used in Troy (in other words, she was much more attractive). The shortcomings of Troy certainly did not have any redeeming points in its accuracy of the story, Helen of Troy I found to be QUITE a bit more accurate to how I always saw the story surrounding the Trojan war (keep in mind, I am far more familiar with the Roman/European literature than the Greek/Byzantine literature; Helen of Troy was obviously based mainly off of the Roman/European perspective): so those who greatly enjoy the classical myth will enjoy Helen of Troy more.</div>

#58972  by Gentz
 Sun May 30, 2004 11:05 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Oi aeven' seen i'</div>

#58973  by Zeus
 Sun May 30, 2004 12:18 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>It was saved by the pretty good acting by all the main characters other than the cardboard Bloom and the traditional-based storyline, even if it was tampered with</div>

#58978  by EsquE
 Sun May 30, 2004 5:30 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Baskerville; text-align: left; '>"Pretty good acting" is being far too generous...</div>

#58979  by Derithian
 Mon May 31, 2004 1:09 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>jesus, even saying that it was pretty crappy acting is being generous. And since when did the romans have crappy ennglish accents.</div>

#58982  by SineSwiper
 Mon May 31, 2004 10:26 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Good...the Sine movie predict-o-meter seems to be working.</div>

#58984  by Zeus
 Mon May 31, 2004 1:25 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I thought Cox, O'Toole, Bana, and Pitt were all pretty good. Bean did a solid job too. Considering that's about 85% of the screen time, it means an overall of "pretty good"</div>

#58986  by Julius Seeker
 Mon May 31, 2004 3:52 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>You're thinking of the crappy English accents the Romans had in Gladiator. These crappy English accents come from Greeks.</div>