The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Day After Tomorrow was pretty good suprisingly... Not as far-fetched as I thought it would be, and according to my dad, based on respectable scientific theories.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #59075  by ManaMan
 Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:15 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I remember reading a few weeks ago about how much Al Gore liked the movie and I figured out why, the guy they picked to play the president looked just like Gore! (with white hair) The vice-president looked remarkably similar to Dick Cheney, and acted like him too.</div>

#59082  by Kupek
 Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:56 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>I haven't seen it, but I know that NASA distributed a press release explaining why it can't happen. I watched some of the clips on the website, and that progressive freeze is ridiculous.</div>
 #59084  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:59 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Or are they one and the same. The truth is, nearly all of Europe is further North than where I am in Canada. If the gulf current shuts down, Europe will be plunged into a sort of an ice age. London England is about equal in latitude to the Northern tip of Newfoundland, which is very far North from where I live, London would change from a place with no snow to a place which has 8 months of snow. I won't even talk about Scotland and a lot of the Northern countries. Halifax is about equivilent to Marseilles in southern France which has a tropical climate due to the gulf current, Halifax has a fairly similar climate to Boston, those who have been in the area during the winter know about our blizzards, imagine that in a place as heavily populated as Eurpope? The thing is that this type of climate change is in fact possible and could occur due to global warming (blieve it or not). Global warming causes the meeltting of the polar ice caps, this melting causes an opposite current to the Gulf current, and it will get stronger and stronger over the years, without the gulf currrent, most of Europe will be doomed to climates similar to those seen in Northern Canada (keep in mind that Canada from North to South is actually about twice the distance from the US's North to South points, so when I speak of Northern Canada, I am talking about thousands of kilometers North of where I am.)</div>

#59085  by Derithian
 Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:11 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>So like 5 or six miles, right? :p</div>

#59093  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:05 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>5 or 6 miles what?</div>

#59097  by Derithian
 Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:39 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>sorry it was a metric system joke. in response to the end of your post. :p</div>

#59101  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:36 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Honestly, I couldn't believe MoveOn was latching on to this movie.</div>

#59104  by G-man Joe
 Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:26 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>I didn't like the story much. The CG effects were amazing though. But this movie exaggerates mother nature to the Nth degree.</div>