The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Because this never got replied to, and it's worth repeating, instead of wasting my time arguing here.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #59544  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:34 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.hollywoodbitchslap.com/featu ... chslapping Hitchens...</a>

Because this never got replied to, and it's worth repeating, instead of wasting my time arguing here.</div>

#59545  by Gentz
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:34 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Mother Theresa was hardly a saint, actually</div>

#59557  by ManaMan
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:45 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>A fairly good response to the "UnFahrenheit 9/11" review... long too... This guy must have really been pissed off, kind of like was Seeker after he read it, but at least this guy makes his point.</div>

#59559  by ManaMan
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:47 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>A fairly good response to the "UnFahrenheit 9/11" review... long too... This guy must have really been pissed off, kind of like Seeker was after he read it, but at least this guy makes his point.</div>

#59560  by ManaMan
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:52 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Well technically...</div>

#59565  by Flip
 Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:24 am
<div style='font: 10pt Tahoma; text-align: left; '>The thing is, i read articles that piece apart Fahrenheit 9/11 WITH fact, then i read a thing like this that pieces apart a critique with fact.... there is enough fact out there to fuel both sides, who is right?</div>
 #59573  by Kupek
 Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:18 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>I actually agree with several of Hutchisons' points, but I haven't had the time to post my thoughts yet.</div>
 #59579  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:51 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I just figured people here were intelligent enough to piece it all together just by reading the article, it is quite obvious. I wasn't going to spend an hour or two writing up an article like this other guy has in light of this. Maybe people here have not seen the movie, in which case they should not be arguing about it in the first place. This guy writing the counter article essentially has the same position that I did, but he has a large audience to write to, there's only like 5-8 people here who care about this situation =P</div>

#59587  by Stephen
 Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:19 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>None of which you have proven in the slightest, but since there's this other fellow who can hold your hand and connect the dots for you, I suppose it hardly matters.</div>

#59588  by Stephen
 Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:36 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>There's nothing like an appeal to authority to wiggle one's way out of an argument. Don't worry, though. With a little effort, I'm sure you could have typed something just as good as this other man's piece.</div>

#59592  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:37 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>There's no point on continuing an argument that's already been won. Also, next time you try to argue using an article, try using one that's not so obviously full of shit.</div>

#59594  by Gentz
 Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:15 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Was she officially dubbed a saint? I wasn't aware. Anyway, she was a bitch. Is that a bit clearer? : )</div>

#59596  by Stephen
 Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:29 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>There, there, you're being such a good sport about this. Don't feel too bad, there's always next time.</div>

#59597  by Stephen
 Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:32 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>There, there, you're being such a good sport about this. Don't feel too bad, though. There's always next time.</div>

#59598  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:44 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Obviously you're speaking for yourself.</div>

#59600  by Derithian
 Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:46 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Ah both of you just shut the fuck up. Stevie....the article you posted was terrible. Id reeked of bias to high hell. The response, while still bias was much less so.... there arguement over now shut the fuck up</div>

#59601  by Stephen
 Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:53 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>No, child. Just you.</div>

#59602  by Derithian
 Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:17 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I thought I said shut the fuck up......</div>
 #59603  by Stephen
 Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:22 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>It's the oldest trick in the book: when you don't want to, or can't, reply to the other guy, find someone else's position and claim it for your own. (And, if you're Seeker, go one step further and pretend that the article is in every way a perfect reflection of his own views, as though he could have written something just as good if only he had the time and incentive. If he really has that kind of writing talent, he should be submitting manuscripts to publishers instead of wasting his time around here.) It's convenient and easy, and it's also the pussy way out.

Make no mistake. I didn't post the Hitchens piece because I subscribed to each and every point. I have my opinion of Fahrenheit 9/11, some of which overlaps with his, some of which, doesn't. I only posted the damn thing initially because someone else posted a glowing review of the film, and I wanted to provide a little balance of views. That's it. The emperor has no clothes.</div>

#59604  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:02 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah, you're pretty fucked up =P</div>

#59605  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:03 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Don't equate me to the object of your perverted desires you sick freak!</div>

#59612  by Derithian
 Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:30 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>once again, it's a stupid fucking argument now shut the fuck up</div>

#59616  by Stephen
 Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:23 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>There's only room in my mind for you, Seeker. I often dream of what our love would be like.</div>

#59621  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:39 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Some people don't have the time to argue on the Internet. And also, I do believe there's a retarded man running towards the finish line...</div>

#59630  by Derithian
 Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:08 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Once again, shut the fuck up</div>

#59632  by Kupek
 Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:21 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>No no no, Seeker's in way over his head, and I find it highly entertaining.</div>

#59643  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:29 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Over his head in what? Stephen's article has been challenged, and all he can do is provoke Seeker? Talk about pot, kettle, black.</div>

#59644  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:31 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>It depends on which facts are further from the subject. You can still bombard an article with facts, yet be totally off-topic and miss the point of the actual message.</div>

#59645  by Kupek
 Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:34 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>I'm not going to comment on the merit of the articles, but Stephen actually constructs real arguments.</div>

#59648  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:43 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>And to some degree, Seeker. Yeah, there can be plenty of implied arrogance in-between, but at least there's some content there to reply to. I repeat my same statement: Stephen hasn't constucted a real argument on the current article yet.</div>

#59650  by Derithian
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:20 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>No he doesn't. And towards the end neither was stevie. that's why I just said to shut the fuck up. really once an arguement degrades to what it degraded to there is nothing to do but shut the hell up</div>

#59654  by Kupek
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:00 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>When you belligerently tell people what to do, they're not likely to listen.</div>

#59656  by Derithian
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:29 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Well they shut up didn't they :p</div>
 #59662  by Stephen
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:59 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Sorry, but I'm not going to play the role of Christopher Hitchens' apologist. I only responded to Seeker's original post because his criticisms were so far off the mark that I simply had to address them (it's always fun to catch Seeker making a blatant gaffe; I'm only human). His subsequent claims of having "won" the argument were most amusing, especially since he hadn't offered one single substantial word in his defense but instead papered over his deficiencies by using someone else's work as a shield. No, I think Seeker didn't want to bother with trying to defend his own words, so he went and borrowed someone else's in the hopes that I would tie myself up debating him rather than Seeker. If I wanted to debate this person over at Hollywood Bitch Slap, or whatever, then I'd write him personally.</div>

#59663  by Stephen
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:04 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>And I am obligated to "construct an argument" on this piece, because...?</div>

#59664  by Stephen
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:06 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Thank you.</div>