The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Spider Man 2 cons

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #59629  by Flip
 Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:21 am
<div style='font: 10pt Tahoma; text-align: left; '>I liked the movie for its entertainment value, but i dont think it was as good as the first. Every scene, to me, seemed to be just 10 seconds too long. The overkill for things such as Peter's bad luck, drawn out gushy dialogues and the uncle ben dream sequence ruined a lot of what was supposed to be an emotional experience. Plus, there were many scenes that were unneeded and i question how they got through editing, like what was the deal with the cake and milk? Obviously the girl liked Peter, but it didnt go anywhere at all.

The acting was top notch, Doc Oct was fantastic. Gotta hand it to them for casting awesome bad guys thus far.</div>

#59642  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:26 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Alfred Molina, a mostly British actor. Goes to show that they are willing to hire actors based on their acting skill, instead of their popularity. (Yeah, you've got a popular main cast, like Durst and DaFoe, but they are good actors/tresses anyway.)</div>

#59652  by Ishamael
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:35 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I thought this movie destroyed the first one in every way. Better main story, better side story (they gushy dialogue parts), better villian (though I don't blame Willem...Ock is just cooler), better action...better everything. I like having my expectations exceeded...</div>

#59660  by Gentz
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:49 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Yeah. I think Willem gave a better performance, but Green Goblin just sucks compared to Doc Oc</div>
 #59661  by Baldarov
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:26 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Isn't spiderman suppose to say more things like "hey, let mom and dad talk for a while" like he did in the first one. That's a disappointing aspect for me. I like his clever retorts in battle.

And is it just me or do you think it's odd that you basically have to deduce yourself that spiderman lost his powers due to either self doubt or the mutation thing that was part of the plot in the spiderman cartoon?

On a couternote, I thought it was funny as hell when he was trying to get a drink, and just getting the worst luck in the world at that party.

And maybe that Russian girl was suppose to support the showing of Peter's moral character. Cause, hell if a reclusive russian girl offers me cake, looks at me like she was looking at him, and is hot. I'm gonna nail that. He didn't obviously, even in his darkest hour. :)</div>

#59666  by Derithian
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:10 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>My only problem was with the goblin costume. I'm sorry but the green goblin was not a stupid lame ass mask. it was far more diabolical...</div>

#59667  by Tessian
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:44 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>...what's more "diabolical" than a mask? A hood?</div>

#59671  by Derithian
 Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:19 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>How about a mask where the mouth actually moves. the green goblin is a mask that when you put it on gives you the powers of a goblin. That's what it was originally. the powers of a goblin and the personality of whoever wore it. that's why the GG was a hero at one point</div>

#59682  by Tessian
 Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:36 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>they changed that a bit for the movie. The mask didn't make the goblin, the goblin was in Willem</div>

#59685  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:52 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Uhhh...they already made a movie for that. I heard Jim Carrey was in that one.</div>
 #59693  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:51 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Sorry, but the original comics sucked, the original animated series sucked, and the newest series sucks too. Spiderman in animated form hit its peak with the 1990's animated series.

I think Ebert and that other guy said it was the best superhero movie ever or something; although it's not saying much (nearly every super hero movie ever made REALLY sucks), I don't necessarilly agree either, I liked the first Blade and the first Batman movies more.</div>

#59696  by Agent 57
 Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:57 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Just to point something out, Tobey Maguire is 5'8", only two inches shorter than both Michael Keaton and Wesley Snipes. =)</div>
 #59697  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:20 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I remember like 7 or 8 years ago being certain they would be using Jerry Occonel (or however you spell it) as Spiderman, he already has super hero experience afterall!</div>

#59699  by Zeus
 Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:21 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>But those guys have this whole "mass" thing going</div>