The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• This looks very cool.  Hope it comes out on Netflix.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #59840  by SineSwiper
 Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:10 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://http.dvlabs.com/carolina/Outfxd2 ... utfoxed</a>

This looks very cool. Hope it comes out on Netflix.</div>

#59850  by Tessian
 Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:07 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I was interested until I saw "moveon.org" was behind this...I'm not going near those nutbars, they're worse than Fox</div>

#59861  by ManaMan
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:00 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Very cool indeed. I can't wait to see this one, regardless of whether MoveOn.org supports it or not.</div>

#59868  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:26 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Why? What's wrong with MoveOn.org?</div>

#59874  by ManaMan
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:48 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Apparently they're too one-sided for him... which I find odd seeing how they ARE a liberal Political Action Committee. They don't try to beat around the bush about it.</div>

#59875  by Derithian
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:29 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I can;t stand them either for that reason. I'ts the same reason I can't stand Fox News and Democracy NOW! Take the Biased twist out of it and it's fine. When I want news and such I want ju8st the news, not a god damned opinion from the person giving it to me.....leave the opinion making to me.</div>

#59876  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:55 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>The act of getting the news is an act of bias. The "news" is a summary of events that must be edited to fit into a summary. Details must be taken out, and which ones taken out depends on the bias of the editor.</div>
 #59877  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:56 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>On this note, does this mean you don't like the Daily Show?</div>

#59883  by Tessian
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:09 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>they're so horribly one sided it's disgusting. Like their talk about The Day After Tomorrow being "the movie the White House doesn't want you to see" I mean give me a fucking break, Peta's better than this</div>

#59884  by Derithian
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:33 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>No I love the daily show because it uses facts to be funny. It picks on whatever is out there. The administration just leaves itself open to ridicule...it's not a news show....</div>

#59885  by ManaMan
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:19 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>MoveOn.org is NOT a news organization... I must point this out since you seem to be lumping them in with biased news organizations. MoveOn.org is a private organization whose stated purpose is to promote liberal causes.</div>

#59889  by SineSwiper
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:13 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>It's more of a news show than a political action commitee is. I agree with ManaMan: you're comparing apples and oranges.</div>

#59890  by SineSwiper
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:15 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Uhhh...it's a PAC for getting rid of Bush. What the fuck do you expect? The whole Day After Tomorrow thing was definately overrated, but most of their commericials have been right on.</div>

#59915  by Derithian
 Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:58 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah I kind of realized that's what it sounded like. I actually meant to make that comparison with just fox news and left out some words. I just don't like poeple that are so far left they completely villify everyone on the other side....which would be MoveOn.</div>