The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Finally saw Spidy 2, one complaint....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #59945  by Eric
 Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:06 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>In the world of movies the villian dies, but goddamnit giving the Doc such a premature death really annoyed me man!! I understood the goblin dying, that was a given, it happened in the books, Harry takes up the mantle, etc. But Doc Oc? COME ON!!!! He's like a reoccuring villian, led the sinister six, etc. I just felt it sucked that he had to die, hell in the comics he had the arms surgically removed at one point but still could control them with his mind, I'd have liked to see something similar, so they could eventually bring him back, but alas. I guess you can't get it all when your comicbook superhero is broguht to life, but hey it never hurts to ask right?

I'm really disturbed about what'll happen in Spiderman 3. There's Dr. Curt Connors(The Lizard), Venom of course with Jameson's son being introduced. They could bring back the Goblin in Harry. There's so many ways it can go, but I'm just not loving the death of the villian syndrome that these movies demand.</div>
 #59947  by Zeus
 Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:05 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>You KNOW Harry's gonna be the Goblin in the next one, it's a given. And he's a guaranteed recurring villian, it's something they'll for sure keep going since they're close friends and they've spent so much time working on that in the first two villians. Lizard will LIKELY be the other one and not Venom, particularly considering that the films are much more based on classic Spiderman (ie. pre-90's) in both style and story and Venom came along much later. But he'll be a logical choice after 3, either that or they get the Sinister Six together. Speaking of that, there's no guarantee Ock is dead (unlike the Goblin, you didn't actually see him die, just sink into the water) and I wouldn't be surprised at ALL if he came back, particularly considering how popular he is and how well this one is doing.</div>
 #59953  by SineSwiper
 Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:19 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>The newest villian was pretty cut and dry: Green Goblin. Unforunately, I think Spider-Man 2 will be the best movie of the 3 because of this. Compared to Doc Ock, Green Goblin sucks as a villian.

Man, Doc Ock was fucking awesome! Brilliant use of his arms and never really lost his cool. Alfred Molina played an excellent part here.</div>

#59956  by Kupek
 Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:15 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Jameson's son doesn't become Venom, that's Eddie Brock. His son becomes some lame werewolf. I really doubt they'll do that.</div>

#59957  by Eric
 Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:49 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>*slaps the living shit outta Kupek* damnit man, did I say he becomes Venom?! Do no insult my Spidy knowledge!!! He was the one that brought back the Alien Symbiote.</div>

#59958  by Derithian
 Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:20 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Well yeah. I mean he was outside his window at the end of the movie</div>

#59985  by the Gray
 Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:01 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Didn't Spiderman get that back in the 80's during the first 'Secret Wars' series? I forget it because it was such a contrived piece of work. But the real Spiderman writers did a good job of converting it into Venom.</div>

#59986  by Eric
 Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:09 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>*slaps Gray* Don't question me! :P</div>

#59995  by Torgo
 Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:42 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>As much as I want it, I doubt Venom's gonna be a villain. A good one at least. There's a lot of ground story that has to be laid. Sam Raimi is only signed for three movies, and he said that he has no intention of touching the symbiote storyline.</div>

#59996  by Ishamael
 Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:43 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>If they really bring in Venom, I can easily forgive them killing of Doc Ock...OK, maybe not easily, but I can forgive it if they do a decent job.</div>

#59998  by Ishamael
 Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:46 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Agreed on everything, except maybe the Lizard thing (non-commital on that one).</div>