The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• An article in our Toronto newspaper on why Fox buries it's good shows

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#61063  by Tessian
 Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:04 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>does this have anything to do with Fox cancelling your favorite show, Method & Red? :P</div>

#61065  by Zeus
 Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:11 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Oh yes, that's the show I was thinking about, no other formulaic drudge that Fox shows like Futurama, Family Guy, and Arrested Development :-)</div>

#61066  by Eric
 Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:34 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>They canceled Method and Red?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!</div>

#61067  by Flip
 Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:28 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Tahoma; text-align: left; '>i saw 5 minutes of one episode once becase it had Carmen Electra in it and even she couldnt keep we watching any longer it sucked so hard.</div>

#61069  by Tessian
 Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:18 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>they cancelled AD? geez, well, it wasn't that good. Someone probably hanged themself by now with Family Guy though, especially with it coming back</div>

#61070  by Derithian
 Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:28 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>no they didn't. and the show is great...</div>

#61071  by Gentz
 Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:02 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Yeah, that definitely seems like the case. Fox's development always has seemed geared toward out-of-the-mainstream shows, but the broadcasting division is concerned more with staying a "big" network along with NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. (well, maybe not so much CBS : )</div>

#61076  by SineSwiper
 Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:23 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>In other words, it's Kane's fault. Why am I not surprised?</div>

#61088  by Gentz
 Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:32 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>I'm not a fan of AD either. It's like they focused all their energy on making it an "alternative" sitcom and forgot about putting in any actual *substance.* I want to enjoy it, but it's like, "it's unique, but so what?" Even David Cross fails to salvage it.</div>